Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

Anita's been good this season, but overall he's another waste of money. Good riddance to both of them.

Guest palnese

Not Premier League players tbf. If we can get a few mil for them we'll have done well.

leaving on a free - their contracts are up.

Underwhelming to say the least.

Not sure i would call it underwhelming - both Gray and King have had their best seasons and are young enough to improve.  They both also seem to have a lot of the attributes that Rafa requires from his forward players.  I understand why it is more appealing to go for a potentially exciting player from another league, but i think in our position I would be looking to go for players who have experience of the league.

Not sure i would call it underwhelming - both Gray and King have had their best seasons and are young enough to improve.  They both also seem to have a lot of the attributes that Rafa requires from his forward players.  I understand why it is more appealing to go for a potentially exciting player from another league, but i think in our position I would be looking to go for players who have experience of the league.

I agree to a extent and I may be in a minority but from what I've seen of Gray, I don't really seen an improvement on what we've already got with Gayle, unless we're taking staying fit into account.

It also concerns me that we're targetting Gray to come in as a potential replacement for Gayle, rather than looking at more of a bigger type striker to fill the role that Mitro/Murphy occupy.

I agree to a extent and I may be in a minority but from what I've seen of Gray, I don't really seen an improvement on what we've already got with Gayle, unless we're taking staying fit into account.

It also concerns me that we're targetting Gray to come in as a potential replacement for Gayle, rather than looking at more of a bigger type striker to fill the role that Mitro/Murphy occupy.

Why is that a concern? If we have two competent options in Gray and Gayle fighting to start then that means we won't have to start either Mitrovic or Murphy.

Don't think Rafa wants a big man in anything other than a 'substitute when we're chasing the game' role and Murphy or Mitro are both perfectly adequate for that.

Mohammed Ali‏@mohammedali_93

L'Equipe: #NUFC interested in Angers winger Nicolas Pepe. Was a target in January, but several clubs - Lille & Monaco also in competition

Seems a bit odd that he's only completed 90 minutes twice this season. You would think with those types of clubs sniffing around he'd be a consistent first choice at Angers by now. 

Apparently someone asked, "Newcastle United?" To that Pires fella and he liked it.

Silly season in full swing.

Subtext - Apparently someone asked, "British SKY tv money?" To that Pires fella and he liked it.

Underwhelming? We've been relegated twice in eight years! It could be a long summer if the likes of Gray are getting the underwhelming patter!

Just chill and let Rafa bring in who he thinks will do a job!

The Ciaran Clark transfer should have really settled people down!

Underwhelming? We've been relegated twice in eight years! It could be a long summer if the likes of Gray are getting the underwhelming patter!

Just chill and let Rafa bring in who he thinks will do a job!

The Ciaran Clark transfer should have really settled people down!

You do realise he's had one season in the top flight and scored 9 goals? The same amount that Mitro scored and is torn apart by most on here.

I'm not saying he would be a dreadful signing, or even bad, I'm simply saying that I don't really see him as much of an improvement on Gayle, if at all.