Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I don't begrudge any young player wanting to do what's best for their career like. We don't exactly have a good track record, and NUFC under Ashley wouldn't make me feel settled.

To Everton too, not even like he's going somewhere special.

They're good at developing youngsters, mind. Our kids end up at Gateshead and Blyth Spartans.

And by the sounds of it our academy has had the same reputation going back 60 years. Pretty embarrassing.

Obviously the kid is a moron who has eyes for money.

NUFC are his hometown club, his brother plays here, he has a chance to kick on and play for NUFC, under Rafa, and he goes to Everton! What a mug.

I imagine the club tried to keep him, but he's obviously getting offered a good amount of money to go.

People in glass houses...

Guest neesy111

Tbf, Everton's track record recently with bringing players through is good, maybe he's chosen them for that?

Our academy is an utter joke, how Beardsley is still in a job is beyond me.

NUFC are his hometown club, his brother plays here, he has a chance to kick on and play for NUFC, under Rafa, and he goes to Everton! What a mug.

I imagine the club tried to keep him, but he's obviously getting offered a good amount of money to go.

A "moron" for leaving a club that never gives kids a chance unless absolutely necessary vs. a club that consistently gives kids chances [emoji38]

They had better not just be working on one deal at a time. Thing is, it's charnley so I don't think he can multitask. Or single task. Or manage to put his shirt on the right way around of a morning.

A "moron" for leaving a club that never gives kids a chance unless absolutely necessary vs. a club that consistently gives kids chances [emoji38]

Plenty players from the youth team got a chance last season.

Off the top of my head, the past couple of seasons, all of these have played at least one game for NUFC.

Sterry, Sammy Ameobi, Armstrong, Dummett, Mbabu, Barlaser, Findlay, El-Mhanni. All have played at youth levels for NUFC and first team within the past two seasons.

Plenty players from the youth team got a chance last season.

Off the top of my head, the past couple of seasons, all of these have played at least one game for NUFC.

Sterry, Sammy Ameobi, Armstrong, Dummett, Mbabu, Barlaser, Findlay, El-Mhanni. All have played at youth levels for NUFC and first team within the past two seasons.

Mbabu did well when he got a chance when we had no other options and still got sold, same with Abeid. Has Armstrong started a game for Newcastle? Sammy and Dummett are 25 and the rest were only given a chance in the cup which we didn't care about

Guest neesy111

Everton actually give chances to players, not just cup games and usually give them a run of games or at least sub appearances.

Maybe he wants to work with better coaches than Peter Beardsley. I adored the guy as a player buy no one has a good word to say about him in his current capacity. Our setup has been incredibly amateurish for years.

Everton actually give chances to players, not just cup games and usually give them a run of games or at least sub appearances.

They are often better players. It may well be the coaching but it's hardly like we've lost many youth players who've gone on to be much good and it takes a few years to turn this round.

No idea what Rafa has been like elsewhere in the development of youngsters mind.

Maybe he wants to work with better coaches than Peter Beardsley. I adored the guy as a player buy no one has a good word to say about him in his current capacity. Our setup has been incredibly amateurish for years.

:lol: Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

He'll have left for the money. Nee doubt.

:lol: Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

What Ron says it fair enough like. I know a few Dads of lads who've been involved in the set up and some coaches and all say the same of Beardsley, lovely bloke could can't coach.

Guest neesy111

[emoji38] Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

Just because what a player has done previously means nothing when it comes to coaches.

'Nee doubt' when you completely disregard our pitiful academy as a factor, yes.

Guest neesy111

Imagine being 16 and leaving the club you grew up supporting for a team in the same league. Screams utter judas cunt. Hope he does fuck all.

Well Carrick did the same and it turned out very well for him.

Youth setup has been a joke at nufc for decades now.

[emoji38] Aye, that'll be it, the prospect of working with one of England's greatest players has forced him out. Any excuse.

Just because what a player has done previously means nothing when it comes to coaches.

Obviously. This 16 year old's decision reeks of greed though. Gluttonous little mercenary.