Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah it'll be like taking a lass out of the first date, nice meal few drinks, she falls for your rancid patter and is well up for coming home with you...You drop her off at the top of her street and say " nah no the neet".

Guest firetotheworks

Even if we're in for him, which I highly doubt, why would we be after yet another central midfielder? :lol:

Even if we're in for him, which I highly doubt, why would we be after yet another central midfielder? :lol:

Yet another?

We have Shelvey, who will miss at least 5 games through injury/suspension. Merino and Hayden, while promising, are completely unproven. If Diame is playing we're in trouble. I suppose you can count Saivet as well but clearly Rafa doesn't rate him much. We could definitely use another CM.

Yeah it'll be like taking a lass out of the first date, nice meal few drinks, she falls for your rancid patter and is well up for coming home with you...You drop her off at the top of her street and say " nah no the neet".

Thought we were headed into Stifler simile territory for a second :lol:

Agree. We're buggered if we lose Shelvey's creativity for any part of the season.

In fairness this lad doesn't exactly help there.

Didn't even see the link tbf :lol:

Cairney would've been the one but £20m was just ridiculous.

Agree. We're buggered if we lose Shelvey's creativity for any part of the season.

In fairness this lad doesn't exactly help there.

Didn't even see the link tbf :lol:

Cairney would've been the one but £20m was just ridiculous.

Aye agree.

Tragically that seems to be most of our budget.

Guest firetotheworks

Yet another?

We have Shelvey, who will miss at least 5 games through injury/suspension. Merino and Hayden, while promising, are completely unproven. If Diame is playing we're in trouble. I suppose you can count Saivet as well but clearly Rafa doesn't rate him much. We could definitely use another CM.

Kenedy can play there too. It's not so much that we couldn't use another midfielder, but that we're desperate in other areas, particularly up front and in goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Can Kenedy really play central midfield?

He was a striker/winger when they signed him, and moved back to left back.

In all of the compilations I've gone through he's been in and around the midfield positions an awful lot and a canny few Chelsea fans on Reddit said that he'd played there. I dunno, I can't say I know anything about him beyond that.