Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, even though he's better than Darlow it's gonna be a horrendous season with Blob Belliot as our #1.

He'll be injured soon. He always gets injured.

He's in the Ireland squad so its almost guaranteed to happen.

'Karnezis agent: "He'll sign for Watford, Newcastle or Crystal Palace. Napoli is no longer an option".

(@CalcioNapoli24)'

Udinese keeper.

Will be surprised given the clubs he's played for if he doesn't end up at Watford thanks to the Pozzo's.

Newcastle are also assessing a move for the Legia Warsaw and Poland international Michal Pazdan, who has interested Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion and Real Betis, since impressing at Euro 2016.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/14/newcastle-manager-rafa-benitez-targets-five-signings-month/

Another centre back???

Possibly we've been thinking Mbemba and Hanley will be moved on.

Not good enough for PL. They've rejected a few bids already too. Apparently rejected 12m from Burnely

Why?

Look at recent championship strikers when promoted to the prem:

Troy Deeney 21 goals in champ, 13 in prem next season

Ighalo 20 goals in champ, 15 in prem next season

Vardy 16 in champ, 5 in prem (did alright the next season though imo)

Charlie Austin 17 in Champ, 18 in prem next season

Rickie Lambert 27 in Champ, 15 in prem

Danny ings 21 in champ, 11 in prem

Grant Holt 21 in Champ, 15 in prem

Callum Wilson 20 in Champ, 5 in 13 in prem

Andy Carroll did alright also..

For all those you get your Rudy Gestede's, Hernandez, Danny Graham's but the odds seem more the other way to me if anything.

If they're younger & a finisher at Championship level, chances are give them chances & they will deliver at prem level. Certainly given time (which many promoted sides don't get tbf)

Not good enough for PL. They've rejected a few bids already too. Apparently rejected 12m from Burnely

Why?

Look at recent championship strikers when promoted to the prem:

Troy Deeney 21 goals in champ, 13 in prem next season

Ighalo 20 goals in champ, 15 in prem next season

Vardy 16 in champ, 5 in prem (did alright the next season though imo)

Charlie Austin 17 in Champ, 18 in prem next season

Rickie Lambert 27 in Champ, 15 in prem

Danny ings 21 in champ, 11 in prem

Grant Holt 21 in Champ, 15 in prem

Callum Wilson 20 in Champ, 5 in 13 in prem

Andy Carroll did alright also..

For all those you get your Rudy Gestede's, Hernandez, Danny Graham's but the odds seem more the other way to me if anything.

If they're younger & a finisher at Championship level, chances are give them chances & they will deliver at prem level. Certainly given time (which many promoted sides don't get tbf)

He was okay till his move to the Mackems.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll be quite disappointed if Mbemba leaves, mind. Unless it's for a good amount of money, I'd much rather keep him for cover. I thought he's looked good, apart from the odd occasion, whenever he's been asked to step in, and he played well yesterday. 

I really want him to stay, unless we definitely have a much better upgrade ready to sign up. Our cb's are fine, we just need to shift hanley - who will surely leave, as he's a canny cb for the champo

Thought he was sound when he came on yesterday and would be quite sad to see him go.

However, if we could get good money for him we could replace him relatively cheaply with a player of similar quality and free up some funds to spend elsewhere.

He's in the Mitrovic bracket of "would like to keep personally, but don't think Rafa fancies him at all".