Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Praet is a completely different player to Siem de Jong. He's more mobile and hard working, a decent dribbler and links play. He doesn't score or create enough goals for a #10 though. He's usually played deeper for Sampdoria, and hasn't been as good as billed.

I'd have far more confidence in him being a decent PL player than De Jong though.

a #10 who can't score or create goals sounds pretty fucking pointless like. We could just bring Obertan back for £2m.

This might be just the role he plays in Italy. He has played deeper in a midfield 3 for Samp. Italian teams are more inclined to expect a #10 to be a 'fantasista' ie a Totti, Del Piero, Cassano. In England it is far more normal that a box to box midfielder is pushed forward to play there. I think if Rafa wants Praet he'd make good use of him and would be a good signing. He has a lot of attributes.

Don´t know why, but I think this window will have an positive end to it.

#staypositive #inrafawetrust

Nope I don't know either

#experience #history #cuntofanowner

#imafraidyouarerightbuthopefullythisoneisdifferent

Don´t know why, but I think this window will have an positive end to it.

#staypositive #inrafawetrust

Nope I don't know either

#experience #history #cuntofanowner

#imafraidyouarerightbuthopefullythisoneisdifferent

:lol: :lol: well done on your optimism

Praet is a completely different player to Siem de Jong. He's more mobile and hard working, a decent dribbler and links play. He doesn't score or create enough goals for a #10 though. He's usually played deeper for Sampdoria, and hasn't been as good as billed.

I'd have far more confidence in him being a decent PL player than De Jong though.

a #10 who can't score or create goals sounds pretty f***ing pointless like. We could just bring Obertan back for £2m.

This might be just the role he plays in Italy. He has played deeper in a midfield 3 for Samp. Italian teams are more inclined to expect a #10 to be a 'fantasista' ie a Totti, Del Piero, Cassano. In England it is far more normal that a box to box midfielder is pushed forward to play there. I think if Rafa wants Praet he'd make good use of him and would be a good signing. He has a lot of attributes.

Agreed. I was atleast hoping that one of the guys in the league, given the wages shed, could atleast be a viable loan option if even to merely help secure placement for next year while hedging the risk because Ashley is a nonce and doesnt care that investment now and keeping said placement is better long term for the financial viability. In my eyes the right man is in position, even if there are signs that goes away at years' end, and hopefully all the money that comes with it to re-assess and/or increase the value of the club for a potential sale in the upcoming year. If it fails then were not on the hook for a expensive (in Ashley's eyes) #10 long term. Not the way I like to go about it but I was hoping it would be an option nonetheless. If it wasnt such an obvious outcome (seemingly doing nothing) then I might actually be shocked at the ineptitude.

Does the window close tonight?

"Slams shut" tomorrow night at 11

So we still have plenty of time for 3 or 4 players to come in!

If the deals are already agreed in principal, it should just be a case of completing formalities. If we were just waiting for funds/wages to become available we could see some significant movement in the next couple of days. It probably all depends on whether that tight-arsed lawyer of Ashley's sticks his fucking oar in

The only positive you could possible invent from this situation is that we don't tend to give much away before all of a sudden is on his way to SJP to finalise talks/undergo a medical.

How typical though, all of a sudden we are apparently offloading an important player for a large sum of money juuuuust before the window ends. If Rafa is tied to using only the funds brought in by an outgoing deal, then say Gayle is sold at 7pm tomorrow night, it gives us 4 hours to sign/confirm a replacement. It's so bloody obvious what the clubs strategy is, and if we don't get anyone in it is not because we deserve to.

You make your own luck in these situations (re we could have probably pouched Jovetic for £15m or so weeks ago if we weren't so ridiculously stubborn & cheap), and right now we are once again suffering from our own inexplicable policies.

The only positive you could possible invent from this situation is that we don't tend to give much away before all of a sudden is on his way to SJP to finalise talks/undergo a medical.

How typical though, all of a sudden we are apparently offloading an important player for a large sum of money juuuuust before the window ends. If Rafa is tied to using only the funds brought in by an outgoing deal, then say Gayle is sold at 7pm tomorrow night, it gives us 4 hours to sign/confirm a replacement. It's so bloody obvious what the clubs strategy is, and if we don't get anyone in it is not because we deserve to.

You make your own luck in these situations (re we could have probably pouched Jovetic for £15m or so weeks ago if we weren't so ridiculously stubborn & cheap), and right now we are once again suffering from our own inexplicable policies.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only way deals are done these days. Rafa has already said that he has identified targets and spoken to players who want to join the club.  If we agree a fee in principal with a club and agree wages in principal with the player, once the funds become available it can all move quickly. I doubt we're waiting unless we bank the money before making initial contact with a club.

I also can't wait to see "Craigy" outside the training ground all day tomorrow being about as useful as a chocolate teapot. No doubt there will be literally no fucking coverage on what a total failure that fat cunt has been to us once again, and SSN will reflect it as a success if anything because of the profit we made (and we managed to 'hold on' to Dwight Gayle....massive club us still!).

If we do stay up, it will be this exact same situation next year. And the year after, etc., etc.

I'm pretty sure that's not the only way deals are done these days. Rafa has already said that he has identified targets and spoken to players who want to join the club.  If we agree a fee in principal with a club and agree wages in principal with the player, once the funds become available it can all move quickly. I doubt we're waiting unless we bank the money before making initial contact with a club.

After how long the Lejeune deal took after we had to haggle over a few extra quid, I have literally no faith in us being in any way competent of doing things in an efficient manner. We will most likely find a way to scupper it, and then we'll be told "Rafa, all that cash you didn't get to spend...baby, that's all yours this January". 

I have no trust in our club to get anything right.

I also can't wait to see "Craigy" outside the training ground all day tomorrow being about as useful as a chocolate teapot. No doubt there will be literally no fucking coverage on what a total failure that fat cunt has been to us once again, and SSN will reflect it as a success if anything because of the profit we made (and we managed to 'hold on' to Dwight Gayle....massive club us still!).

If we do stay up, it will be this exact same situation next year. And the year after, etc., etc.

He hasnt covered us for a few year now. Keith Downie does it.

We were never getting Jovetic once Monaco got involved. Best we can hope for now is that something has been in the pipeline the last few weeks and will be completed tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breath that it will be anyone worth getting excited about.