Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dabizas too.  Wasn't the best but had the heart of a lion.

I did like him, too. Once heard Bobby Robinson screaming at him (when training in Chester-le-Street, after misplacing a long pass): “Who do you think you fucking are? Franz Beckenbauer ?” Memory still makes me smile.

Guest Howaythetoon

That little chip to take it away from the player, pure unadulterated genius. I was there for that goal, a pleasure to have witnessed it live.

Guest Howaythetoon

Makes me angry that he was managed by Pardew. Give KK that kind of talent and we would be talking about one of the best PL players of all time. Mind I’ve heard a few stories about him RE the dressing room.

Makes me angry that he was managed by Pardew. Give KK that kind of talent and we would be talking about one of the best PL players of all time. Mind I’ve heard a few stories about him RE the dressing room.

Same goes for Shaun Wright-Phillips. I don't think his career was ever the same once Keegan left Man City.

Guest Howaythetoon

Spill HTT I'd like to know more about the gorgeous little man what he is :love:

Just random shit about how none of the players really got on with him, not even the French ones. Nothing bad, just they didn’t like him and I think Shola had to separate a bust up between Pardew, Colo and Ben Arfa. He does seem like an irritating type like but with his talent who cares :lol:

Just random s*** about how none of the players really got on with him, not even the French ones. Nothing bad, just they didn’t like him and I think Shola had to separate a bust up between Pardew, Colo and Ben Arfa. He does seem like an irritating type like but with his talent who cares :lol:

The thought of him standing up to Pardew makes me like him even more, lovable rogue. 

You're bang on about him if he were under KK, Sir Bobby would of been able to get a canny tune out of him too. All he wanted was to be loved :lol:

Just random shit about how none of the players really got on with him, not even the French ones. Nothing bad, just they didn’t like him and I think Shola had to separate a bust up between Pardew, Colo and Ben Arfa. He does seem like an irritating type like but with his talent who cares :lol:

A lot of ‘training ground conflict’ rumours came out from the club when Pardew was in the process of freezing him out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Same goes for Shaun Wright-Phillips. I don't think his career was ever the same once Keegan left Man City.

He destroyed us at SJP, although we won 4-3 in the end. His career went South when he went South to Chelsea. They had Onuoha too. KK did a great job at City and is fondly remembered as the man that kick-started it all for them in the way Hoddle kind of did at Chelsea. How good was Eyal Berkovic and Ali Benarbia btw?

Guest Howaythetoon

Just random s*** about how none of the players really got on with him, not even the French ones. Nothing bad, just they didn’t like him and I think Shola had to separate a bust up between Pardew, Colo and Ben Arfa. He does seem like an irritating type like but with his talent who cares :lol:

A lot of ‘training ground conflict’ rumours came out from the club when Pardew was in the process of freezing him out.

Nah it’s been said a few times outside of and since that period.

Shola himself said he was a great player, but rubbed people up the wrong way, especially in training. Ben Arfa would kick off if he got properley tackled in training by all accounts and that’s fair enough given his injuries and talent, bet Pardew would have been all for a good kicking though.

Guest firetotheworks

Dabizas was another of our underrated players. Forever remembered for that goal at the SOL.

Dabizas too.  Wasn't the best but had the heart of a lion.

I did like him, too. Once heard Bobby Robinson screaming at him (when training in Chester-le-Street, after misplacing a long pass): “Who do you think you fucking are? Franz Beckenbauer ?” Memory still makes me smile.

[emoji38] :thup: Him and Acuna are the go-tos when underrated players come up, for me.

...... and to think that if it wasn't for a 'fortunate' toe injury (Obertan - broken toe) Ben Arfa, aka arguably the most talented Frenchman of his generation who criticised The King's football philosophy, would never have got a chance under Pardoo in the first place.

Paul Godard was underated. I think when he played alongside Beardsley and Gazza they started 8 or 9 games together. We didnt lose one.  Then we sold them.....

Favourite player close between Albert and Tino. Go with the latter as everything he dud good or bad made people smile pure entertainer

Loved all of the entertainers. But David Ginola was a pleasure to watch.

Rob Lee, Alan Shearer and Tino Asprilla always stood out for me as well.

Most underrated though was David Batty (even if most fans rated him highly I think?).

Guest chopey

I was at a talk in the other month and it was mention that Shola was absolutely loved at the club (and still is) by all the back room staff and he when Pardew was there he was the players spokesman and sorted out loads of backroom troubles