Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When it comes to rafa "not trusting" Mitro, it's not simply a case of him being worried he might do something stupid and get sent off. It's more likely than Mitro just doesn't do as instructed in terms of positional play or decisions on the ball.

Whether Deeney is a better option in this regard I don't really know (although you'd suspect he probably is), but the fact is the primary reason Mitro doesn't get picked isn't because he's perceived as a red-card risk.

Better in every way and by some margin.

He doesn't score many goals, and that's the main criticism of Joselu.

I wouldn't mind if he didn't score so many goals if his all-round game was much better. The fact he doesn't score goals just emphasises how s*** he is.

Well I'm going to disagree with you on that, I think his link up play is fine. I'm sure Deeney will barge defenders around a bit more, but for me a striker has to score goals regularly otherwise he's might as well be Joselu.

Agreed, swapping one non-scoring striker for another is redundant. Any incremental improvement Deeney has on Joselu isn't significant enough for us to be chasing him imo

The first Deeney red card against Huddersfield was actually appealed, so the folks at Watford must have reviewed it and thought it wasn't that bad. I didn't myself, though my judgement might be clouded by what people get away with against us. The Huddersfield player definitely makes the most of it.

Not convinced by Deeney myself. Not great that he can't even dislodge a poor Andre Gray at Watford. Would rather see Perez given a proper go unless we can get a blatant upgrade. Deeney isn't that, in my mind. I may be wrong though.

Also under Rafa do I see Deeney doing any more work from the front than Mitrovic would? Not really. He's a bit of a lump.

Not convinced by Deeney myself. Not great that he can't even dislodge a poor Andre Gray at Watford. Would rather see Perez given a proper go unless we can get a blatant upgrade. Deeney isn't that, in my mind. I may be wrong though.

Also under Rafa do I see Deeney doing any more work from the front than Mitrovic would? Not really. He's a bit of a lump.

You for real? Deeney is all about graft.

People don't even watch these guys play and just make stuff up.

Deeney is indeed a grafter, and an excellent foil for players around him. He played a massive part in Ighalo having that outstanding season he did a few years back.

Guest Howaythetoon

Deeny is hard working, skillful and can score goals. He would be an excellent addition to our team and would work well in Rafa's system.

You for real? Deeney is all about graft.

Always happy to be corrected in my football opinions my friend. Deeney never struck me as the grafting type in a Rafa sense, but more just in a physical lump sense. If you're saying otherwise, however, I will have to reconsider my views. Thank you :thup:  :D

I'm all for whomever Rafa feels will work in his system, I won't claim to know an awful lot about Deeney, but right now Rafa has a set of strikers that aren't scoring enough goals, if he feels Deeney can offer the team a goal threat either through netting himself or assisting others then sign the bloke, if he comes at a reasonable cost, he's touching 30 so the price should reflect that.

Deeney has gone downhill quite a bit in the last 18 months. He's also very immobile nowadays. Not keen unless an absolute last resort.

That's what worries me about him. But the lads above seem to think otherwise about him.

I've got mates with season tickets there who don't rate him anymore because he doesn't suit their system at all. I'd say he suits our current one even less. Andre Gray is apparently bobbins too.

Again, I'm not claiming to know that much about Deeney, but if he isn't mobile enough to chase loose balls down for 90 minutes, then I'm really doubtful of how successful he would be in our current setup.

Gray is shite aye, dire at St James Park despite his sides domination. If Deeney can't displace him I wouldn't take it as a promising sign at all.

Deeny is hard working, skillful and can score goals. He would be an excellent addition to our team and would work well in Rafa's system.

I think Joselu is hard working, skilful and score goals. Unfortunately not very many of them, but then you can say the same for Deeney. How many goals has Deeney been scoring for Watford after his purple patch in their first half a season after promotion?

13 goals, 7 assists the first season and 10g, 4a last season. In the summer I would have been pretty excited about him, but the first half of this season has thrown up some huge red flags. Assuming we're operating under Ashley conditions though I'm not sure we're going to do much better.

I'd definitely want Slimani over him though if that's an option.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Joselu is hard working, skilful and score goals. Unfortunately not very many of them, but then you can say the same for Deeney. How many goals has Deeney been scoring for Watford after his purple patch in their first half a season after promotion?

Seriously? He's rubbish man. Makes Shola look like a world beater.

Steve McClaren got £80m. Rafa Benitez doesn't even have a budget. :lol:

It's absolutely barmy, like. Utterly farcical management, for which there is zero justification. There is no scenario where such a lack of communication and strategy can be considered acceptable.

Without recruitments we will go down.