Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guivarc'h! Kin hell. I had forgotten about our World Cup winner.

I’d take Deeney. If Rafa thinks he can do what he needs him to do, obviously. Would prefer a more exciting option, which also goes without saying.

Rafa has, more than once, lamented not being able to rely on young players giving you what you need/doing what he wants in the PL. Loads of us have lamented how easily we are (Perez, Gayle, to some extent Joselu) pushed off the ball when trying to build an attack. Deeney is experienced, strong as a bull, and a leader. Could imagine him, even without other additions, increasing the likelihood of Premier League survival, which at the moment is our most important and realistic goal.

I’d take Deeney. If Rafa thinks he can do what he needs him to do, obviously. Would prefer a more exciting option, which also goes without saying.

Rafa has, more than once, lamented not being able to rely on young players giving you what you need/doing what he wants in the PL. Loads of us have lamented how easily we are (Perez, Gayle, to some extent Joselu) pushed off the ball when trying to build an attack. Deeney is experienced, strong as a bull, and a leader. Could imagine him, even without other additions, increasing the likelihood of Premier League survival, which at the moment is our most important and realistic goal.

Fair enough, but it's a moot point because there's no way we will pay what Watford want. Can't see them letting him go on loan either.

Yet another who has disciplinary issues , hasnt he already had two bans this season?  Yet Rafa still doesn't trust Mitro

Guest firetotheworks

£20m for an established premier league striker who'll get around 10-15 a season, in January, from a team in a bit of a free fall is absolutely fair enough. It's not Watford's problem that we're stuck in the pre-Chelsea/Man City era, never mind the pre-TV deal era.

I can bet with you that if you play Mitrovic you will get the same amount of goals. After all, he scored 9 in his first season. Deeney isn't better than Mitrovic and we need someone else.

Well it's a hypothetical bet because it's never going to happen. [emoji38] We're not going to spend what's needed to get a better player than Deeney, like.

But spending 20mil on a player like Deeney? Come on, that's same as Andy Carroll to Liverpool for 35mil. Waste of money.

It's not though. Unfortunately in 2018 that's what £20m gets you. Look at all of the other £20m transfer fees for attacking players in the last couple of windows and tell me which ones you'd consider to be worth it. I'd probably fail to pick a single player using the pre-TV deal transfer scale.

That's what media wants you to think. You have a lot of good strikers for 8-13 mil that could easily score 10-15 goals. It's just everyone is saying that we need ''proven PL''. We don't. ''Proven PL'' striker will only cost more money than any other and probably won't score as many goals as we want. At this point we are in a situation where our scouting system is terrible. You can easily do the research too and find striker that will score 10-15 goals and cost less than Deeney.

Well you need proven PL strikers because we are playing in the PL. Anything else would be a risk at this stage, and we aren't in a position to gamble.

No, you don't. That's my point. All proven PL striker are playing in PL, right? So, we are buying not needed strikers, so that means that they aren't worthy of playing in PL. Do you understand? No one will sell you their primary striker, everyone sells their 3rd of 4th striker, which isn't good for us.

I bet you're mint in Career Mode on FIFA 👍

I don't play FIFA, just FM.  :lol:

You are just being facetious, by proven PL, we generally mean of sufficient quality which means spending money. Who would you buy for this £8-13m you are suggesting is enough?

Without any doubts, Michael Krmecnik.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-krmencik/profil/spieler/178469

A player in their mid twenties averaging 1 in 3 in under 100 appearances in the Czech league would "easily score 10-15 goals" in the Premier League now?

That's not how you want to look at his stats. He started playing regulary for Victoria this season and was on a lot of loans, just like Harry Kane. He has 14 games this season, 11 goals and 6 assists in league, 4 games 3 goals and 1 assists in Europa League and 2 goals in 2 games in Champions League qualifications, which makes total of 20 games 16 goals and 7 assists this season. Further more, scored 6 goals in 10 games for Czech national team. Is that bad?

Mitrovic was scoring for fun in the Belgian league and Stephane Guivarc'h was the top scorer in France when we signed him.

A couple of weeks ago you suggested we sign some kid from the Israeli league and rely on him as our first choice keeper. It's easy to use Google and find a player with great stats and claim he'll be great in the PL. It's not that easy though.

That kid from Israeli league is better than all our keepers and it's not google, I watched him against VillaReal, and it was madness. He won FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015 Golden Glove, selected for 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament.

And if you ask me, 166 senior games at the age of 22 is a serious number, even in leagues such as Israeli.

Considering Freddie Woodman's our third choice 'keeper, this seems like an odd suggestion when we clearly need more experience, either for the league, or for Rafa to pick them to play, which is just as important.

Suspect Rafa’s mistrust of Mitro is more general than that. Just speculating but probably not a player who will stick to his game plan. He seems a bit more off the cuff. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, particularly in a striker, but not Rafa’s way and you only get away with it if you finish/prove your worth. My sense is he has seen Mitro miss too many and he hasn’t proved his worth/earned the right to be let off the leash. It is pretty clear he isn’t getting any more chances to do so.

Suspect Rafa’s mistrust of Mitro is more general than that. Just speculating but probably not a player who will stick to his game plan. He seems a bit more off the cuff. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, particularly in a striker, but not Rafa’s way and you only get away with it if you finish/prove your worth. My sense is he has seen Mitro miss too many and he hasn’t proved his worth/earned the right to be let off the leash. It is pretty clear he isn’t getting any more chances to do so.

There's also the stuff about not sticking to Rafa's training regime, possibly not respecting Rafa's authority, stuff like that which would undermine the squad morale.

£20m for an established premier league striker who'll get around 10-15 a season, in January, from a team in a bit of a free fall is absolutely fair enough. It's not Watford's problem that we're stuck in the pre-Chelsea/Man City era, never mind the pre-TV deal era.

I can bet with you that if you play Mitrovic you will get the same amount of goals. After all, he scored 9 in his first season. Deeney isn't better than Mitrovic and we need someone else.

Well it's a hypothetical bet because it's never going to happen. [emoji38] We're not going to spend what's needed to get a better player than Deeney, like.

But spending 20mil on a player like Deeney? Come on, that's same as Andy Carroll to Liverpool for 35mil. Waste of money.

It's not though. Unfortunately in 2018 that's what £20m gets you. Look at all of the other £20m transfer fees for attacking players in the last couple of windows and tell me which ones you'd consider to be worth it. I'd probably fail to pick a single player using the pre-TV deal transfer scale.

That's what media wants you to think. You have a lot of good strikers for 8-13 mil that could easily score 10-15 goals. It's just everyone is saying that we need ''proven PL''. We don't. ''Proven PL'' striker will only cost more money than any other and probably won't score as many goals as we want. At this point we are in a situation where our scouting system is terrible. You can easily do the research too and find striker that will score 10-15 goals and cost less than Deeney.

Well you need proven PL strikers because we are playing in the PL. Anything else would be a risk at this stage, and we aren't in a position to gamble.

No, you don't. That's my point. All proven PL striker are playing in PL, right? So, we are buying not needed strikers, so that means that they aren't worthy of playing in PL. Do you understand? No one will sell you their primary striker, everyone sells their 3rd of 4th striker, which isn't good for us.

You are just being facetious, by proven PL, we generally mean of sufficient quality which means spending money. Who would you buy for this £8-13m you are suggesting is enough?

A player in their mid twenties averaging 1 in 3 in under 100 appearances in the Czech league would "easily score 10-15 goals" in the Premier League now?

That's not how you want to look at his stats. He started playing regulary for Victoria this season and was on a lot of loans, just like Harry Kane. He has 14 games this season, 11 goals and 6 assists in league, 4 games 3 goals and 1 assists in Europa League and 2 goals in 2 games in Champions League qualifications, which makes total of 20 games 16 goals and 7 assists this season. Further more, scored 6 goals in 10 games for Czech national team. Is that bad?

Mitrovic was scoring for fun in the Belgian league and Stephane Guivarc'h was the top scorer in France when we signed him.

A couple of weeks ago you suggested we sign some kid from the Israeli league and rely on him as our first choice keeper. It's easy to use Google and find a player with great stats and claim he'll be great in the PL. It's not that easy though.

That kid from Israeli league is better than all our keepers and it's not google, I watched him against VillaReal, and it was madness. He won FIFA U-20 World Cup 2015 Golden Glove, selected for 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament.

And if you ask me, 166 senior games at the age of 22 is a serious number, even in leagues such as Israeli.

Considering Freddie Woodman's our third choice 'keeper, this seems like an odd suggestion when we clearly need more experience, either for the league, or for Rafa to pick them to play, which is just as important.

It is an odd suggestion, but I think that he'll play 2 or 3 seasons for us if we buy him, and then sold for a larger amount of money and then the position of goalkeeper will open up for Woodman. Arsenal wanted him this summer and I wouldn't be suprised if they buy him in the near future as a replacement for Cech. Just look up some of his highlights on Youtube. I know, it's not the best way to see what he can do, but anyway, just take a look. His name is Predrag Rajkovic.

Not seen him play much at all, but I’d be interested to see how Gerard Moreno at Espanyol would get on. Seems a fairly consistent scorer in a bit great team and reckon he’d be about the same price or less than Deeney. But yeah... I haven’t scouted him.

Judging by how crap Sandro is (after scoring 1 in 2 for Malaga) I wouldn't touch Moreno with a barge pole.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm sure he's good. Just saying it can be hard to translate success in a minor league, or even the French or Dutch, to success in the PL.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm sure he's good. Just saying it can be hard to translate success in a minor league, or even the French or Dutch, to success in the PL.

I understand what you're saying.

If that Serbian keeper can't start ahead of Vladimir Stojkovic for Serbia then colour me skeptical.

My friend from Serbia says that Vladimir Stojkovic won best Serbian player award in 2017, ahead of Matic, Milinkovic-Savic, Tadic... I do remember Stojkovic from Forest and I can agree with you based on that.

I can't classify getting Deeney for 20m and selling Mitro for sth like 10m max a good business. But yea if we have money and this can make us survive why not?

Mind you if a player fall out with Rafa after signed he will just be frozen out and we would get nth in return, like Lazaar.

I can't classify getting Deeney for 20m and selling Mitro for sth like 10m max a good business. But yea if we have money and this can make us survive why not?

Mind you if a player fall out with Rafa after signed he will just be frozen out and we would get nth in return, like Lazaar.

Maybe if the player falls out with Rafa, it's the player's fault?

If Deeney happens id hope its a loan. Really wouldnt want him purchased,further down the line your just looking at a bad situation all over again if there's dicipline issues and Rafa falling out with certain players, Deeney becoming difficult to shift on with high wages and age not on his side.

I dont beleive any of it anyway. I dont see him as a Rafa type.