Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I initially thought this link was ridiculous as he would cost way too much, but it turns out Valencia had a clause to sign him for 17 million euros at the end of his loan, which they can't now afford, so it seems he is available for a fee that isn't over the top.

If that article above is true then the 15 million euros bid makes some sense, as we like to try and pay a bit less by paying everything upfront.

The big concern may not be the transfer fee but the wages he'll want, I'm sure we won't be able to match what Man City are paying him.

This website states his Wages is 100K a week

http://sillyseason.com/salary/manchester-city-players-salaries-69071/

According to the Mirror, whilst playing for Valencia on loan, his wages were split and paid by City and Valencia

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-share-mangalas-wages-8732550.amp

Guest chopey

Carvalho is one i could actually see tbh, he's another one who was hyped as a youth and while talented he's stagnated to the point the CL clubs are no longer interested.

The exact type of profile we should be looking to pursue.

He's been linked with big clubs for 3 seasons now and never moved, £38 million seems far to much

I initially thought this link was ridiculous as he would cost way too much, but it turns out Valencia had a clause to sign him for 17 million euros at the end of his loan, which they can't now afford, so it seems he is available for a fee that isn't over the top.

If that article above is true then the 15 million euros bid makes some sense, as we like to try and pay a bit less by paying everything upfront.

...whilst on his arse

Guest chopey

Do we have a rumour tracker thread/post this year?  Seems to be loads more than usual.

Aye its at the top of the page but it's only had 4 posts

Frank Acheampong looks like a cracking winger. Seems tidy, very direct, great pace/acceleration, good cross on him and even helps out defensively too. Think he'd be a very good addition, seeing we've been linked recently.

Carvalho is one i could actually see tbh, he's another one who was hyped as a youth and while talented he's stagnated to the point the CL clubs are no longer interested.

The exact type of profile we should be looking to pursue.

He's been linked with big clubs for 3 seasons now and never moved, £38 million seems far to much

He won't cost anyway near that much, the fact he's been linked with big clubs for years and shows no signs of actually going means his stock is dropping.

If he is sold I'll be shocked if he goes for more than 20.