Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really don't, I want him replaced ideally, just not with s*** defenders who'll take us back to the days when our full backs regularly played like they had money on the opposition to win by three goal margins.

And Dummett doesn't play like that in the PL? Just because he can put in a tackle or two doesn't make him a good full-back. He's f***ing s*** unless he's playing at CB where it's easier for him to hide his positional limitations.

He's absolutely not s*** like - have a look at our record with and without him in the Premier last time - if he hadn't got injured we would probably have stayed up.

Paul Dummett, single-handedly keeping NUFC in the PL. Ok now I've heard everything :lol:

I really don't, I want him replaced ideally, just not with s*** defenders who'll take us back to the days when our full backs regularly played like they had money on the opposition to win by three goal margins.

And Dummett doesn't play like that in the PL? Just because he can put in a tackle or two doesn't make him a good full-back. He's fucking shit unless he's playing at CB where it's easier for him to hide his positional limitations.

He's absolutely not shit like - have a look at our record with and without him in the Premier last time - if he hadn't got injured we would probably have stayed up.

Getting in early for the forum awards I see. Wow.

We were what, 2 points away from staying up? We were obviously better with than without him as the result markedly show when he returned for the final 6 games. He's not saying he would've done it all by himself, obviously.

Cannot see what Varadi has said wrong there like, we were playing Colback at LB iirc. When Dummett returned for the final 6 we never lost a game. It's obviously not solely down to Dummett (he never said it was) but it isn't a huge stretch to suggest we could have picked up 3 points with an actual LB and Anita out of midfield.

Guest firetotheworks

Other people think he's been thoroughly shit at left back in the PL, myself included. Is it really that big a deal? We all know that if everyone started rating him, say at centre back, that the clock would start ticking on when you'd start pointing out his deficiencies and telling people how thick they are for not wanting him dead.

Exactly. As usual you can't say anything vaguely positive about the lad without inferring he's something he's clearly not.

Not at all. He certainly has some very positive attributes (unlike say Colback). They're just not best used at LB over an entire season. That's all. Personally I think he would make a good left-sided CB in a 3 at the back type deal, provided he has a very good LWB out wide.

Cannot see what Varadi has said wrong there like, we were playing Colback at LB iirc. When Dummett returned for the final 6 we never lost a game. It's obviously not solely down to Dummett (he never said it was) but it isn't a huge stretch to suggest we could have picked up 3 points with an actual LB and Anita out of midfield.

I remember checking some stats on him when he was getting slated at the time - this is our record in the relegation season with and without Dummett in the team:

30 points from 23 games Dummett started, 1.30ppg

7 points from 15 he missed, 0.47ppg

Obviously the relative quality of his replacements was a factor, but it's by no means a stretch to say had he stayed fit we would've got the extra couple of points needed.

Don't understand the animosity from certain people towards Dummett. He had a decent season and I've no real gripes with him continuing as first choice. Hopefully he'll keep improving and he certainly deserves until at least January imo.

Don't understand the animosity from certain people towards Dummett. He had a decent season and I've no real gripes with him continuing as first choice. Hopefully he'll keep improving and he certainly deserves until at least January imo.

I don't have any animosity towards him, I just remember how bad he is in the PL generally. Hopefully his improvement is permanent and can stand up to the increased demands of next season, but have to say I'm a bit worried.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember checking some stats on him when he was getting slated at the time - this is our record in the relegation season with and without Dummett in the team:

Obviously the relative quality of his replacements was a factor, but it's by no means a stretch to say had he stayed fit we would've got the extra couple of points needed.

He played at centre back a lot that season. Again, it's mainly at left back in the Premier League that he's been shite.

He played at centre back a lot that season. Again, it's mainly at left back in the Premier League that he's been shite.

He played like three games at centre back in his entire time here and I don't even think it was that season

He played at centre back a lot that season. Again, it's mainly at left back in the Premier League that he's been s****.

He definitely didn't mind. I'd go as far as to say he's probably played less than 5 games as a CB for us.

It's going forward that he struggles.. any full back in the PL has to be able to defend and contribute going forward.

Good squad player to have though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those stats are fine, but you have to factor in that when Dummett was missing we didnt have any other LBs available so we shoehorned players like Colback into LB.

It's like Darlow being injured and us having no other goalkeepers, so playing Gayle in goal and then comparing that we collect more points with Darlow.

Dummett is a shit LB, Championship standard - but he's not the biggest priority in the summer. In an ideal world I'd replace him, but there are other areas that need looking at first.

Those stats are fine, but you have to factor in that when Dummett was missing we didnt have any other LBs available so we shoehorned players like Colback into LB.

It's like Darlow being injured and us having no other goalkeepers, so playing Gayle in goal and then comparing that we collect more points with Darlow.

Dummett is a shit LB, Championship standard - but he's not the biggest priority in the summer. In an ideal world I'd replace him, but there are other areas that need looking at first.

It's not like that at all :lol:

Dummett is a s*** LB, Championship standard - but he's not the biggest priority in the summer. In an ideal world I'd replace him, but there are other areas that need looking at first.

It's not like that at all :lol:

Exaggerated point due to the important of each position, but it's the same situation.

Players are good in the position that they play, put them somewhere where they dont play and you're bound to be a worse team. It's pointless then pointing that out as some sort of weird fact that Dummett is anything other than a shit footballer.