Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

That's just not true Dummett has never played a lot at centre back for the first team.

[emoji38] Aye, I think I've remembered more occasions than actually happened, and they were in 14/15, but I just counted 8 matches where he played centre back before I questioned what I was doing with my life.

I've never liked him at left back in the Premier League though, that's the main point.

Guest reefatoon

http://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-newcastle-united-juventus-likely-to-open-talks-for-afriyie-acquah

A friend for Atsu? Can't see a paper link though so probably a load of tosh.

Well done Sempuki. Back to transfer links instead of the s**** Dummett chat. The thread had a couple of new pages since the last time i checked, only for it to be stuff about Dummett.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-newcastle-united-juventus-likely-to-open-talks-for-afriyie-acquah

Well done Sempuki. Back to transfer links instead of the s**** Dummett chat. The thread had a couple of new pages since the last time i checked, only for it to be stuff about Dummett.

I love that they have a team called the Cape Coast Mysterious Dwarfs.

I just don't think I can take another season of receive the ball -> weird 7 year old style shuffle -> punt up the line

This. You can't continually give the ball away in the PL as it will take a hell of a lot longer to get it back than someone punting it straight back to us in the Championship.

Can't say I've ever noticed Dummett being too sloppy in possession, he just can't do anything remotely interesting with it. He's a good defender though.

I suspect there is alot of people who made their mind up about Dummett years ago and are sticking to their opinion regardless of what he actually does on the pitch.

Thankfully, Rafa knows what he's doing. I think he will be our first choice left back again next year.

Mate who runs the local bar said there was a little piece on Newcastles interest in Semedo and Carvalho on the Spanish sports news. Gaining traction?

It's been running since the season ended with regards to Semedo, i definitely think we are interested in him as there's been far too many links to ignore.

Carvalho on the other hand i'm not so sure about.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15317077.Newcastle__Rafael_Benitez_confirms_Pepe_Reina_interest___and_prepares_for_major_goalkeeping_overhaul/

Benitez is keen to make Reina his number one goalkeeper next season, and will hope to pull off a deal for around £4m, with the veteran about to enter the final 12 months of his current deal at Napoli.

“I have a great personal relationship with Reina,” said Benitez, who has been told he can spend around £80m this summer. “He’s a great goalkeeper.

“Pepe is a great player, but above all, a leader in the dressing room. We missed him at Napoli in the year he went to Bayern Munich – he can make a difference both on and off the pitch.

“Would I take him to Newcastle if he left? I respect Napoli, as that’s where he is, and our club has a lot of goalkeepers who are doing well. We need to be calm, we’ll talk to the club and decide on our targets.”

Fuck transfers can we change our name?

Fuck transfers can we change our name?

Selling Darlow might pay the Reina transfer fee, leaving funds for elsewhere in the team.

Blob as provisionally #2 also opens the door for Woodman, who may be the ultimate long-term plan after learning from Reina.