Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Silly season well and truly under way.  We'll get the players we need but won't be the names that agents are pushing out to so called journalists.

Guest reefatoon

I'm enjoying all the stories, it's good to be back having all this around, much more enjoyable than nobody being linked and no sign of signing anyone either. Bring it all on.

Laughed at for saying Rafa would be interested in the likes of Lacazette a few months ago. Check the f***ing links on this page and absolute creaming going on now.

Creaming? [emoji38]

Think you might be overdoing it a tad tbh.

Fair enough. It's an interesting leap that the board has seemingly made, last week was all Andre Gray for £10m would be decent. Today we're on about Man City's quality striker or players that have been sold for £40m plus recently.

I think some of the players linked are realistic tbh. The likes of Iheanacho would cost about £25m which isn't that steep in today's market. It's the sort of quality of player I would expect Rafa to want here. If we went after Andre Gray it's not because he's £10m, it will be because Rafa rates him. He's going to have a lot more say than previous yes men that the board appointed.

Agreed it's full on silly season but this is also the first time in god knows how long that we have a man in charge who is a big enough draw to attract these players.

It's quite enjoyable compared to previous years.. no harm getting into all the stupid speculation.

Wages shouldn't be a problem when it does come to the bigger names though.. Coloccini was on over 80k which Mike was happy to pay and that was a few years ago.. 100k for an experienced top player is the going rate nowadays.

Do The Chronicle ever report their own transfer stories these days? Most of them seem to just be what they see in the press themselves.

The Chronicle is absolute shite these days, every page takes ages to load. Especially when they do a time line for the day, I can never find the headline I clicked on.

Was it better under Oliver?

Do The Chronicle ever report their own transfer stories these days? Most of them seem to just be what they see in the press themselves.

The Chronicle is absolute s**** these days, every page takes ages to load. Especially when they do a time line for the day, I can never find the headline I clicked on.

Was it better under Oliver?

His articles were dreadful :lol:

Just a Freddy lickyass

It was a different era, the Ronny Gill was our sole source in many respects for NUFC information back then. I'm sure Oliver wouldn't have had any say into the look and feel of the web site, as I'm pretty confident the current group of Jornos don't. Oliver was Shephard's mouth piece, if you read it on the chronicle it was probably pretty close to the truth if it were under Oliver's name. That wasn't necessarily a good thing though.

It was a different era, the Ronny Gill was our sole source in many respects for NUFC information back then. I'm sure Oliver wouldn't have had any say into the look and feel of the web site, as I'm pretty confident the current group of Jornos don't. Oliver was Shephard's mouth piece, if you read it on the chronicle it was probably pretty close to the truth if it were under Oliver's name. That wasn't necessarily a good thing though.

Remember buying the Journal, Chronicle, The Pink etc. and scouring for all rumours. Information overload these days.

Remember buying the Journal, Chronicle, The Pink etc. and scouring for all rumours. Information overload these days.

Most of it is made up shit, I rarely take the slightest bit of notice of any of them and while some people like the rumors, I hate them.  The Chronicle are as bad as any other source these days and seem to go looking for anything to fill space.

Most of it is made up s***, I rarely take the slightest bit of notice of any of them and while some people like the rumors, I hate them.  The Chronicle are as bad as any other source these days and seem to go looking for anything to fill space.

Agree - can't think of a reliable source.

Really hope we don't go for him. For some reason Hull's players seem to have all got enhanced reputations after they went on a half decent run and that's being kind. Would rather avoid players from any of the relegated teams tbh.

Aye teams get relegated for a reason

Didn't stop us getting nearly 70m for Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend. Honestly i think that's a bad mindset to have, there's plenty of times where teams had quality players who got relegated.

With that said i wouldn't want Ranocchia as i have seen him play many times for Inter and he's not very good, although i wouldn't be against signing Maguire.

Aye teams get relegated for a reason, having said that had Hull started the season like they ended it they would have been comfortable top half of the table

They got beat heavily in their last 3 games of the season and won their opening two games?

If Hull had gotten some of the players they got in january last summer instead, they would not have been relegated. 2017-results only puts them in 15th and a lot of the signings they did in january didn't participate until late Jan/early Feb. The results in 2016 can hardly be blamed on the likes of Ranocchia and Grosicki. They went on a training camp last summer with 8 or 9 players ffs  :lol:

If Hull had gotten some of the players they got in january last summer instead, they would not have been relegated. 2017-results only puts them in 15th and a lot of the signings they did in january didn't participate until late Jan/early Feb. The results in 2016 can hardly be blamed on the likes of Ranocchia and Grosicki. They went on a training camp last summer with 8 or 9 players ffs  :lol:

Grosiki would be a good signing and would improve our left side immensely. He's skillful and pretty pacy but will frustrate with his decision making. I didn't see enough of ranocchia to comment.

Aye teams get relegated for a reason, having said that had Hull started the season like they ended it they would have been comfortable top half of the table

They got beat heavily in their last 3 games of the season and won their opening two games?

Well maybe overstated the case but they picked up plenty of points at home, they'd have comfortably stayed up with Silva from much earlier, much like us last season