Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve McClaren got £80m. Rafa Benitez doesn't even have a budget. :lol:

It's absolutely barmy, like. Utterly farcical management, for which there is zero justification. There is no scenario where such a lack of communication and strategy can be considered acceptable.

Without recruitments we will go down.

Dramatically written. You struck fear into me with that, you should be employed by the Daily Mail.

Like I said the other week it’s starting to feel like we’ve been mugged with this takeover talk and it’s another smokescreen not to spend any money.

Don't see why they'd go to the effort of a smokescreen now having never felt the need to before. They don't give a fuck about what people think.

Guest firetotheworks

Steve McClaren got £80m. Rafa Benitez doesn't even have a budget. [emoji38]

It's absolutely barmy, like. Utterly farcical management, for which there is zero justification. There is no scenario where such a lack of communication and strategy can be considered acceptable.

I'm convinced that Ashley deals in talent offsetting. i.e. Shit manager, good players required/Shit players, good manager required.

I really don't understand fans that want Deeney. Already two suspensions this season. He's discipline is same as Mitrovic's and his goal record isn't impressive at all. Bringing Deeney and getting rid of Mitrovic is not a smart move. It's like getting an older version of Mitrovic.

Dramatically written. You struck fear into me with that, you should be employed by the Daily Mail.

Aye. Even without new players it'll be a very close thing, Rafa is good enough to drag us through it imo and I imagine this is what Ashley thinks as well.

As I say though, could still see it being close.

I really don't understand fans that want Deeney. Already two suspensions this season. He's discipline is same as Mitrovic's and his goal record isn't impressive at all. Bringing Deeney and getting rid of Mitrovic is not a smart move. It's like getting an older version of Mitrovic.

I want us to sign players Rafa has on his list. Do that and we'll be nowhere near relegation.

Ironically I wish we had an older mitrovic.

Aye. Even without new players it'll be a very close thing, Rafa is good enough to drag us through it imo and I imagine this is what Ashley thinks as well.

Agreed. We definitely could do with at least 3 new players in, but should we get none, I wouldn't be writing us off just yet. Not a better manager I know of who could get a side of average players overachieving than Benitez.

Deeney's ill discipline this season looks more like being due to frustration due to not being used as much anymore. I mean he was the captain of this team and came up with them, and so I can see how he would be feeling that way.

Mitrovic is just a loose cannon that does dumb stuff regardless of his situation or circumstance.

Big difference.

Agreed. We definitely could do with at least 3 new players in, but should we get none, I wouldn't be writing us off just yet. Not a better manager I know of who could get a side of average players overachieving than Benitez.

:thup: nothing to suggest he can't replicate a point a game in the remaining 16 that would possibly be enough to keep us up. I'd actually argue we might be in a better position than others around us because Rafa has clearly been protecting a number of players and rotating heavily which might benefit us later in the season. He knows.

Deeney's ill discipline this season looks more like being due to frustration due to not being used as much anymore. I mean he was the captain of this team and came up with them, and so I can see how he would be feeling that way.

Mitrovic is just a loose cannon that does dumb stuff regardless of his situation or circumstance.

Big difference.

This sentence could just as easy be applicable to Mitrovic, tbf  :lol: Not saying it's his excuse, but if you're willing to justify Deeney's discipline with said statement, then you have to be willing to apply that to Mitrovic too.

Nope ... Mitrovic was a nut from the first time he was used. Ruined his chance to settle in by getting sent off in what his first appearance for the club?

It's nothing alike you silly person.

:thup: nothing to suggest he can't replicate a point a game in the remaining 16 that would possibly be enough to keep us up. I'd actually argue we might be in a better position than others around us because Rafa has clearly been protecting a number of players and rotating heavily which might benefit us later in the season. He knows.

Yeah, I'd also argue that our team mentality/spirit has thus far not reflected that of a loosing/struggling side - despite the winless streak we went on. A positive, never-say-die team spirit can and has been the difference between relegation and survival, even when the squad may be short of quality in comparison with the teams in and around. I put that down to Benitez alone and his choice of players such as Ritchie, Perez, Lascelles, who whilst they have their technical/physical downsides, just never stop trying.

Nope ... Mitrovic was a nut from the first time he was used. Ruined his chance to settle in by getting sent off in what his first appearance for the club?

It's nothing alike you silly person.

You don't know though really do you? You're choosing a positive assumption in favour of Deeney, and a negative assumption to the detriment of Mitrovic. Unless you have evidence that Deeney's ill-discipline is due to frustration alone, and Mitrovic's is simply down to malice, then I would suggest it is you who is in fact a silly boy.  ;)

Well prior to this season I don't think Deeney has had these issues.

He was captain of Watford and seemed to have been a reliable and dedicated performer for them. It's just this season this has come up, which is why I stated what I did in his favour.

Mitrovic has let us down so often man. It prevented him from nailing down the centre forward spot when he first joined as he immediately served a suspension, and even when we went down also, as he was serving a suspension then too!

Yeah, I'd also argue that our team mentality/spirit has thus far not reflected that of a loosing/struggling side - despite the winless streak we went on. A positive, never-say-die team spirit can and has been the difference between relegation and survival, even when the squad may be short of quality in comparison with the teams in and around. I put that down to Benitez alone and his choice of players such as Ritchie, Perez, Lascelles, who whilst they have their technical/physical downsides, just never stop trying.

Totally agree, said during that shitty run that we didn't look like a beaten team, a team on the decline or a team where the players aren't playing for the manager.

I really hope we don't have to find out but have said all along I've thought we'd stay up even with the garbage squad we've got.