Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a feeling our business is done other than to replace anyone who leaves now. Sissoko will go and we will replace, probably Janmaat too.

i'd probably be ok with it except CM worries me to a degree, we're too close to having to rely on colback in a game where dominating the midfield and winning a physical battle in the championship is so important

Alex Pritchard on loan from our preferred media partner.

He'd be a really good squad player to have to give us something different

Saw that Spurs want rid of Bentaleb too so wouldn't be surprised if we got linked with him,  even though he's a bit crap. Didn't realise he's only just turned 21 too, thought he was older

Guest ElCid

I have a feeling our business is done other than to replace anyone who leaves now. Sissoko will go and we will replace, probably Janmaat too.

shouldn't be and if it is then I would have a few concerns with the central midfield for certain at least.

shouldn't be and if it is then I would have a few concerns with the central midfield for certain at least.

No chance our business is done yet.

Guest ElCid

No chance our business is done yet.

I don't think so eiher

What bothers me is the fact our midfield is a concern, but we've signed like 6 billion midfielders over the past couple of windows so it's the area that shouldn't have ever been an issue.

But, it is what it is.

I wonder who he will go for, if our business isn't done yet.

Tiote in the championship would be like Godzilla in a nursery.

Rafa might be the perfect manager to get him playing at his best again.  If he can instil some positional discipline in him and get him just keeping it simple like he did when he first arrived here he could be a very important player for us again.

Think we still need another CM with a bit of creativity and a willingness to break forward like Rob Lee used to though.  I don't think Shelvey can do that job, he seems to like to sit too deep and, in all honesty, seems a bit lazy.

What bothers me is the fact our midfield is a concern, but we've signed like 6 billion midfielders over the past couple of windows so it's the area that shouldn't have ever been an issue.

But, it is what it is.

I wonder who he will go for, if our business isn't done yet.

We have more than enough in midfield to cope with the Championship.

The only two I can see leaving in the near future are Sissoko and maybe Tiote. Which will leave us :

Colback

Anita

De Jong

Shelvey

Aarons

Thauvin

Ameobi

Barlaser

Bigirimarna

Smith

Vukic

Ritchie

No other championship team can match that, other than Villa.

Guest ElCid

The thought of Colback and Shelvey in that mdfield is quite scary. No pace at all and neither can tackle. Apart from the odd 'Hollywood' pass and shot from Shelvey im my opinion they will struggle - desperate for a goal scoring midfield player who can run into the box.

Ameobi, Barlaser, Bigirimana, Smith, Vuckic  :lol:

Not a bad selection of players to choose from to cover a few games a season or as subs.

I'd guess you've never seen Smith or Barlaser play before

The thought of Colback and Shelvey in that mdfield is quite scary. No pace at all and neither can tackle. Apart from the odd 'Hollywood' pass and shot from Shelvey im my opinion they will struggle - desperate for a goal scoring midfield player who can run into the box.

Its the championship, not the champions league. Man, we had an immobile Alan Smith bossing the championship the last time.  :lol: :lol:

Ameobi, Barlaser, Bigirimana, Smith, Vuckic  :lol:

Not a bad selection of players to choose from to cover a few games a season or as subs.

I'd guess you've never seen Smith or Barlaser play before

No but then there is a pool of 7 players that would start before he even got near the pitch.

Our central midfield is awful, apart from SDJ there isn't a midfielder in that position capable of scoring 8+ goals this season, but what are the chances of him even managing 8+ games ?

I have faith in Shelvey to turn it round, but Colback is fucking abysmal. Tiote should be ahead of him every week.