Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's all coming up Jack

Indeed he does give Rafa's system a semblance of balance as he's a lot better positionally than say Shelvey and is better physically than Anita (finest margins I know)

Would love to see us sign 2 Central midfielders but I just can't see it happening.

Sending our deadwood to every region in the world. Already got South America, North America, East Asia, Middle East, just need to ship Riviere to Papua New Guinea and Gouffran to Madagascar and we're sorted

I'm glad he's going but we will need 2-3 central midfielders as the current lot are not good enough should we get promoted.

Debatable whether the current lot would get us promoted to be honest

Valid point. Central midfield is where I'm concerned we won't be strong enough in. There is no creativity in it at all. Yeah that Championship is shit, but it's still not going to help if Colback is passing the ball backwards and Shelvey is only hitting 1 good pass in 10.

I'm glad he's going but we will need 2-3 central midfielders as the current lot are not good enough should we get promoted.

Valid point. Central midfield is where I'm concerned we won't be strong enough in. There is no creativity in it at all. Yeah that Championship is shit, but it's still not going to help if Colback is passing the ball backwards and Shelvey is only hitting 1 good pass in 10.

Not like you to be critical of Colback mate.

Not like you to be critical of Colback mate.

I've been critical of him for a long time. Just not good enough, he's a squad player at best. He stifles everything we do. Hopefully today is the start of Rafa realising that even he can't get performances out of him.

No more "shooooooooot!!!" :yeah:

Only a matter of time before Shelvey hits one of his 30 yarders that finds it's way into the back of the net.

From then on he will be awarded the shoooooot chant at every opportunity.

(Which no doubt he will oblige and give away possession)

No more "shooooooooot!!!" :yeah:

Only a matter of time before Shelvey hits one of his 30 yarders that finds it's way into the back of the net.

From then on he will be awarded the shoooooot chant at every opportunity.

(Which no doubt he will oblige and give away possession)

Currently happening in Southend.

When asked if he will spend more, he said: “Yeah.

“We were moving quickly at the beginning and then the Premier League teams started to spend some money.

“Then everybody thought the prices will be higher then it becomes more difficult. But still we have some things behind the scenes and we are close.”

Benitez also answered questions on Cheick Tiote with the Ivory Coast midfielder linked with a move to Middle East outfit Al Jazira Club.

We understand that while there is interest in Tiote there has been no firm offer for the Toon player.

Benitez added: “We have some players that are in the market because the clubs are asking for them, but we have to wait and see if we receive the right offers for the right players. Then we will move forward.

“The main thing for me is to be sure we can bring the players we need to improve the squad.”

"We was trying to get players over the line.  Maybe one or two before the window slams shut."

"Obviously, every player has a price and if a top club comes in for one of my ballers, there is nothing I can do."

Just wanted to copy those Pardew quotes in to remind everyone (not that it is needed) just how much better life is under Rafa.