Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They were good enough and getting the ball forward to Mahrez and Vardy as quick as possible tbh, we don't have anyone like that or like those two really. Also based on the end of last season i doubt we are going to be playing anything like them for the comparison to be relevant.

:lol: Joey Barton was one of the best midfielders in the Championship last season... anyone who thinks Shelvey and Colback aren't good enough to comfortably get us up at this level clearly doesn't watch the Championship that often.

The hype of "it's a difficult league to get out of" is almost as bad as saying Allardyce is a relegation surviving king. Any team who has been relegated who are worth their salt has come straight back up, the only ones who don't are riddled with debt and/or lose their best players/majority of their team.

I think its pretty ridiculous to justify your arguments for us based on Leicester last year.

how so?  the discussion is that having 2 CM's that can compete physically and athletically with a decent level of competence technically and passing-wise would be more than enough presuming the rest of the team has good movement, but the lad is saying we need creative CM's

i didn't watch every leicester game last year but what i did see was kante and drinkwater out running the opposition, winning the ball really well and distributing it effectively to players in a system that had good off the ball movement in a well-drilled system

how is that ridiculous?

They were good enough and getting the ball forward to Mahrez and Vardy as quick as possible tbh, we don't have anyone like that or like those two really. Also based on the end of last season i doubt we are going to be playing anything like them for the comparison to be relevant.

Shelves is a great passer, if instructed to do so he can move the ball forward accurately and quickly at this level. He's also a goal threat at this level.

Which midfielder of the likes from the championship last year do you have in mind?

Shelves is a great passer, if instructed to do so he can move the ball forward accurately and quickly at this level. He's also a goal threat at this level.

Which midfielder of the likes from the championship last year do you have in mind?

I'm not denying that he is, i'm saying that him alone isn't enough. If Shelvey got injured or loss form would you be comfortable with Tiote and Colback again? because i wouldn't.

I think its pretty ridiculous to justify your arguments for us based on Leicester last year.

how so?  the discussion is that having 2 CM's that can compete physically and athletically with a decent level of competence technically and passing-wise would be more than enough presuming the rest of the team has good movement, but the lad is saying we need creative CM's

i didn't watch every leicester game last year but what i did see was kante and drinkwater out running the opposition, winning the ball really well and distributing it effectively to players in a system that had good off the ball movement in a well-drilled system

how is that ridiculous?

David McCreery once of these parts, described his CM job as to win the ball and give it to someone else. The someone elses did the creating. Seemed to work well.

how is that ridiculous?

Your initial post seemed to suggest that because Mole wouldn't have predicted this time last year that Kante and Drinkwater would do so well with Leicester then that means we should be fine without a creative CM. But no one predicted that Leicester would win the league, and there's pretty much no other player in the world with as much energy as Kante, especially not in our team. Shelvey is completely different to Kante and Drinkwater. Not to mention we'll be using a completely different system because we'll have to dictate play and not play solely on the counter attack which Leicester did for most of the season.

Just find it a bit pointless when people compare stuff with us with Leicester when we play with a different system, be in a different league and have completely different players. This post being an example:

Leicester have just won the Premier League with a CB pairing of Huth and Morgan.

Hanley will be more than adequate as a defender in the Championship :lol:

how is that ridiculous?

Your initial post seemed to suggest that because Mole wouldn't have predicted this time last year that Kante and Drinkwater would do so well with Leicester then that means we should be fine without a creative CM. But no one predicted that Leicester would win the league, and there's pretty much no other player in the world with as much energy as Kante, especially not in our team. Shelvey is completely different to Kante and Drinkwater. Not to mention we'll be using a completely different system because we'll have to dictate play and not play solely on the counter attack which Leicester did for most of the season.

Just find it a bit pointless when people compare stuff with us with Leicester when we play with a different system, be in a different league and have completely different players. This post being an example:

Leicester have just won the Premier League with a CB pairing of Huth and Morgan.

Hanley will be more than adequate as a defender in the Championship :lol:

i think it was a valid example of the point i was making, but each to their own

still to hear an example of this 'other type' of CM we should get can apparently do the while we're down in the championship

I would like to see us sign an attack minded midfielder who can carry the ball, similar to Wijnaldum for the games when he turned up. Think we probably have enough as it is, but that would improve us massively.

Works hard puts himself about and would get double figures for us be a good squad player

Hes scored 37 goals in 282 appearances in his full club and international career. He scored 1 goal last season and then Reading binned him off so its madness to even suggest we should consider him.

He can have all the effort in the world but he's got very little talent and he's nowhere near the quality of player we should be looking at. Leave him for the likes of Hull and Burnley to fight over.

Talk to me about VDV though. If he is even half the player he was he is exactly what we need a skilful goalscoring midfielder

As for this one, he had a poor spell in Spain but he's still a quality player. The sort of player that would walk straight into our team.

:lol: Joey Barton was one of the best midfielders in the Championship last season... anyone who thinks Shelvey and Colback aren't good enough to comfortably get us up at this level clearly doesn't watch the Championship that often.

The hype of "it's a difficult league to get out of" is almost as bad as saying Allardyce is a relegation surviving king. Any team who has been relegated who are worth their salt has come straight back up, the only ones who don't are riddled with debt and/or lose their best players/majority of their team.

Common sense ^^^^

There will be the odd up and down, but Chris Hughton has the silverware on his CV, Rafa will p*ss it.