Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

...But he was. They were both playing.

Colbacks injury was prior to Shelveys ban

Due to Shelveys ban he came back from Injury early

I mean that they were both playing games alongside Shelvey. Unless I've imagined it, neither had nailed down the place and made it their own/kept the other out of the team prior to Shelvey's ban and/or Colback's injury.

Colback's fine alongside Shelvey because we can afford to have someone keeping it simple and just being a nuisance in midfield, nothing to do with his injury why he now looks terrible again.

I read that wrong. Colback wasn't keeping Hayden out of the team though, they were rotating but Hayden started the 4-5 games before Shelvey's ban. Not sure when Colback was injured?

EDIT: Colback's started 11 games. Hayden's started 19. They were rotating.

Guest neesy111

Makes you wonder as to whether Ashley/Charnley are putting the block on incoming transfers. I certainly hope not - I couldn't see Rafa standing for it.

I don't think we have much money available.

It's pretty difficult to sign a player who'd improve us, be Premier League class and ready to drop down for 6 months. Obviously people like Colback could be improved upon, but he's not going to be a regular in particular with Shelvey & Hayden. A few loans to see us over the line is the best bet.

If we repeat the first half of the season in the second half, with the exact same team - then we go up.

There is no crisis, no need to panic and no desperate need to bring people in. Especially if they are not good enough to step up next season.

If we cant get any targets to drop down a level, then I'd be happy with one or two short term loans to bulk up the squad a bit more (#10 and another midfielder to be back-up to Shelvey, maybe a winger but if Sammy performs well until AFCON finishes then that's not a desperate need).

Let's not kid ourselves. The squad is seriously short on creativity despite being big on numbers. One or two injuries to key personnel will kill us.

It sounds cliched but complacency is what will stop us going up. We need signings.

Let's not kid ourselves. The squad is seriously short on creativity despite being big on numbers. One or two injuries to key personnel will kill us.

It sounds cliched but complacency is what will stop us going up. We need signings.

Nothing to worry about man.

Nothing to worry about man.

Haha well timed!

Nothing to worry about man

Well, with Shelvey coming back there arguably wasn't until 3 players got injured today. Hindsight's a wonderful thing eh?

Nothing to worry about man

Well, with Shelvey coming back there arguably wasn't until 3 players got injured today. Hindsight's a wonderful thing eh?

Ah the old hindsight get out clause.

Think we could regret not going in for Daryl Horgan. No transfer fee, low wages and man of the match in his first game against Brighton today apparently

http://static.goal.com/260800/260822_news.jpg

Can see why we didn't.

Is he Damien Duff's son?

Had him with his Sister it would seem.