Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You see Macguire going for £17 million, would have liked him here I suppose but is he much better than what we've got?  Is he much better than Clarke or Mbemba for example?  He had a decent season aye but it seems like it's fashionable to get worked up about players like this when we really don't know what he would be like.  I'm confident that our manger is working hard behind the scenes and deals are being struck, it is early days and I reckon we will get the players we need. 

As far as i know all of the internationals are over now so the season is effectively over, i'd be expecting things to start happening around now.

Bigger deals take a bit more time, we trust Rafa to get them in, it HAS to happen so no panic.

I find it hard to believe that we really were/are so close to signing Lejeune with how many different CB's we're being linked with.

Im aware that we apparently want 2, but I doubt that'll happen unless Mbemba or Hanley, if not both are sold and I'm yet to see any concrete interest in either.

Aye, it's essential that we get them over the line asap Imo :thup: Even a week ago I said the same, with Wise Ass Mole telling me it was the 7th of June as if I didn't know (f*** you mole :lol: ) We need to gel as early as possible. Hopefully we have many irons in the fire and that they will just be dropping in soonish. Wouldn't say I'm "concerned" but yeah, would prefer to get most of them in, like in the next 2-3 weeks at least.

Had we signed anyone by this point last season?

It's 15th June tbf, not many teams have. It's just that we have a history of this shit and obviously need signings.

Not sure if done on purpose or not, but that reply just a minute later is glorious :lol: