Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Australian press reporting that we are one of seven Premier League clubs to meet Man City's £10m valuation for Aaron Mooy:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/15/seven-premier-league-clubs-willing-pay-17m-price-tag-mooy

Seven Premier League clubs willing to pay $17m price tag for Mooy

Aaron Mooy must whittle down a list of seven Premier League bidders to just one, as he assesses where best to play his football next season.

The Socceroos midfielder is in the coastal Russian city of Sochi ahead of Australia's FIFA Confederations Cup opener against an experimental Germany on Tuedsay morning (AEST).

And though reluctant to juggle unnecessary distractions, the 26-year-old is keen to resolve his future quickly.

It's understood that all seven Premier League bidders are willing to match parent club Manchester City's asking price of £10 million (A$16.7m).

That would eventually rise to £12 (A$20m) with add-ons.

A standout season on loan for promoted Huddersfield Town has been the catalyst for the flurry of offers - and it's down to Mooy to pick the one which best suits his career expectations.

Along with Huddersfield, the likes of newly promoted Brighton - where he would have Socceroos goalkeeper Mat Ryan and potentially also James Troisi as a teammates - Stoke City, Everton and Newcastle United are all in the mix.

Two other Premier League clubs have also made offers, but have been discounted on the basis that they don't fit the criteria of providing the best platform for regular game time.

"It's an important year with the World Cup at the end of it and it's about making a fine balance between the offers," Mooy's agent Paddy Dominguez explained.

"Gaining regular game time will be a big part of his final decision.

"You could maybe take a little bit more risk if it wasn't a World Cup year.

"It's not a question of Aaron not backing himself, it's just a matter that the Premier League is very results driven and they frequently make lots of changes to their teams.

"if the team then performs in your absence you can spend weeks waiting and working to get back in again.

"You can never guarantee anyone they will play every game but it's a matter of calculating the risk.

"Aaron knows who all the interested parties are and he just has to decide now what's best for him.

"I think he's keen to get himself sorted and settled as soon as possible, so he knows what he's doing next.

"Wherever he goes he wants to be there on the first day of pre-season."

Mooy played 48 league games for Huddersfield last season, earning player-of-the-year honours for his standout contribution.

Their German coach David Wagner was instrumental in the making of Mooy as a Championship force.

And Dominguez believes he has the armory to flourish in the top tier in 2017-2018.

"I still think Aaron has one more gear in him and you need the right coach to bring that out," he said.

"But to be fair at that level in the Premier League there are not many bad coaches."

Beeb simply saying they've agreed to the fee, which the above article also says...?

(I actually don't care, just can't believe the ludicrously parochial Australian press could be beaten to the punch like this - posting a story that is already superseded :lol: )

Abdennour was amazing for Monaco a couple of years ago, not sure what he's been like since though.  €15m isn't a big layout considering how good he could be for us IMO.

We were linked in Schteve's reign iirc.

Think i read that his stats last season was 1 goal and 0 assists but maybe he's been decent anyway, but surely you'd expect more of a player in that position  :undecided: Like the look of Ismaila Sarr (edit) who we've also been linked with. Scored a couple of crackers in the games I saw (not seen him much though)

Still nothing but links.

Pre season starting 3rd July I'd be amazed if we haven't got at least a couple in by then. We moved quickly to get our main targets in on 1st July last year (Gayle and Ritchie). I'd imagine this year will be the same.

Monday onwards I'd expect speculation to turn into concrete moves.

I'll be honest as aware as I am how early it is I'm starting to get mildly concerned. We've a massive amount to do and I expected us to move fast and decisively in the market to get the bulk in before pre season. Still possible obviously, but surely harder.

Aye, it's essential that we get them over the line asap Imo :thup: Even a week ago I said the same, with Wise Ass Mole telling me it was the 7th of June as if I didn't know (f*** you mole :lol: ) We need to gel as early as possible. Hopefully we have many irons in the fire and that they will just be dropping in soonish. Wouldn't say I'm "concerned" but yeah, would prefer to get most of them in, like in the next 2-3 weeks at least.