Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do people know of this Aboubakar, then? It would appear that he's had a decent season in Turkey but his career is hardly ridden with goals, if the stats websites are anything to go by.

9m was the fee being mentioned, seems very low for a player like that.

A  player like what? £9m buys a pretty shit player these days, doesn't really tell you much.

9m was the fee being mentioned, seems very low for a player like that.

A  player like what? £9m buys a pretty s*** player these days, doesn't really tell you much.

A player will above average skills who knows where the goal is.

9m seems low, could be a total steal though.

What do people know of this Aboubakar, then? It would appear that he's had a decent season in Turkey but his career is hardly ridden with goals, if the stats websites are anything to go by.

I wouldn't say that, consistently averaged almost  one goal every two games for every club he's been at apart from Valciennes. And one in three for Cameroon, which is a decent international record. One in two record in the Champions League as well.

He always seems to do well in Europe, that's all I know.

:lol:

Why is that funny?

I smiled when I saw it, but because of a misunderstanding. For some reason I thought I was in the sunderland thread and thought this was a possible sunderland signing. As the mackems are never in Europe it made me smile. Then I realised I wasn't in that thread.

That's just me though.

Seems we've gone back to release clauses and unproven foreign players to me. We will see.

Its a bit different with Rafa though, as we are buying players that he has scouted, vetted and more importantly are fit for purpose, instead of buy random players with shit professionalism, with the aim of selling them on for profit instead of if they will fit into the team.

It's been said that we will break our transfer record this window too. I've yet to see us linked to a player which would command such a fee.

I'm aware it's only June but I'm starting to see the usual signs from the club.

When you see the price for a PL player (and being a PL player is in no way at all any guarantee of success in any event), buying abroad is entirely logical.  No problems at all with this approach.

Seems to be this slightly odd view that we must buy PL players and I don't really get it. 17m for Maguire after 1 season? Delphi for 15m after not playing for a couple of seasons? 15m for Rodriguez after 2 serious injuries? Absolutely ridiculous to go near those

I think he's probably right too. I don't know how we are going to ship some of our players.

Riviere, De Jong, Krul, Hanley, Murphy, Gamez, Haidara, Lazaar?, all need peddled.

We could sign first and then sell our players for lower fee. Not our tight arses though.

It's been said that we will break our transfer record this window too. I've yet to see us linked to a player which would command such a fee.

I'm aware it's only June but I'm starting to see the usual signs from the club.

I suppose just because he might have it to spend doesn't mean he will. If he's gonna spend big I reckon it'll be for a winger or a striker.

We will see what happens if Rafa wants to spend decent wedge on a proven premiership player. Will they sanction it? I'm yet to evidence that they will.

I doubt we will either.

We just aren't ready to compete in a market with 5 or 6 clubs who will be paying 45-50 million for defenders.

Rafa is a very intelligent manager and knows where we are. We will have to be very savvy in the transfer market to kick on to the next stage.

It's correct to say that theres no guarantee of success when it comes to transfers but it will be interesting to see how many of our deals are; last year of contract, loan to buy, release clauses.

Seems a quick way to narrow down your shortlist IMO.