Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

Darlow was the best keeper in the championship last season

Westwood was

Jota was at Eibar season before last interestingly enough.

Have a word Lejeune, you big oaf.

Lejeune only joined them last season.

Yeah, you are right. Jota was there up until January of last season though.

It also appears Jota is entering the last year of his contract. Something we are always drawn to.

He plays off the front man as well apparently, which we need help with badly.

Think there were family issues back home when he returned rather than just home sickness, but in any case he seems more settled now.

It's been suggested that we are actively trying to sell Darlow. If true it shows Rafa's experience.

It also suggests that we have a keeper lined up.

It's been suggested that we are actively trying to sell Darlow. If true it shows Rafa's experience.

No doubt with the first name Pepe.

No doubt with the first name Pepe.

Would be a great but bit of business.

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

:spit:

if we can't compete transfer wise with the 13 teams outside of the top 6 and Everton what is the actual point of us being a premier league team. All th excitement for the season ahead has gone for me as I fully expect us to be stuck in the bottom 4 or 5 all season

fuck football it's not enjoyable any more

He's also a massive huckle who gets homesick, didn't Brentford drop him back to Eibar for a bit because of that reason?

I read the other week that it was for bizarre family circumstances, but couldn't find what those were.

Whether he was or not, 5m is probably the going rate for a first choice keeper in the championship, especially since they could get 10 years out of him.

I'm sure it won't be far off the final figure.

I'd keep Darlow unless we get any bid near £10m like. He will become a very solid PL goalkeeper with a bit more experience.

I want us to sign a keeper and sell Elliot or Krul and have Darlow as 2nd choice tbh.

It's still relatively early days and whilst pre season has started and ideally we'd like to have a few more in by now we have to be realistic and look at the regime we're under. They're not going to get into a pissing contest (rightly or wrongly) with other Premier League teams. The players we'll go for will be like Lejeune who don't have 5 or 6 other clubs sniffing around them, so all these Delph's, Gray's, Iheanacho's etc etc are not going to be our actual targets because we're not going to enter bidding wars.

FWIW I reckon Rafa knows this and has a list of targets that are lesser known players that he thinks are undervalued by the market that will work within his system. There'll be one or two more from Europe and maybe a couple from Britain. A lot will depend on when we start offloading the dead wood, which is easier said than done. Be patient, August 13th is a long way off still.

Iheanacho is supposedly close to signing for Leicester for £25m. In today's market I would have thought that was relatively decent value. I hope these players Rafa thinks are undervalued are out there because I think we should be able to compete with Leicester for a striker of that calibre.

Of course we CAN but the thing is we won't, I can't think of a player that's come in within the last few years where we have gone head to head with another club or two in order to sign. Might just be my short term memory and it being a Friday but I really don't think that's how we operate.

Iheanacho at £25m is 'relatively decent value' but he has still only scored 12 senior goals in his career - a fact that won't be lost on those controlling the purse strings at SJP, they'll want value for money with as little risk attached as possible, unfortunately.

I haven't actually seen that much of Iheanacho, but every time I watched City he seemed to come off the bench and score when they were struggling. I would have thought being on City's bench in the first place would mean he was a pretty good calibre of striker. In any case, I look forward to seeing what Rafa comes up with as a solution. Tammy Abraham was a nice idea but he was only ever going to be on here for a year anyway.

I'd keep Darlow unless we get any bid near £10m like. He will become a very solid PL goalkeeper with a bit more experience.

I want us to sign a keeper and sell Elliot or Krul and have Darlow as 2nd choice tbh.

Thing is I don't think as of right now we'd get anything but nominal fees for Krul or Elliot.

Darlow we could probably get 5 or 6 million for, and if we're bringing in a first choice then it's going to be the most valuable backup that gets sold.

Same tbh. Darlow's not a great keeper by any means, but I don't see much better on our books at the moment. I would rather we prioritise other positions if our funds are limited.

Thing is I don't think as of right now we'd get anything but nominal fees for Krul or Elliot.

Darlow we could probably get 5 or 6 million for, and if we're bringing in a first choice then it's going to be the most valuable backup that gets sold.

Aye.

Guest chopey

:spit:

Best keeper in the championship :knuppel2:

Unfortunately the article doesn't say anything of the sort

Yeah, pretty misleading tweet from the journo. It's absolutely baseless when you read it, and doesn't really even cover the headline.

Guest ElCid

Said it time after time year after year until the fat cunt fucks off with his incompetent cronies this club will never progress and will be up and down between the two divisions every few year.