Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It might be that rafa is going to bring 2 or 3 in this summer but keep the majority of his transfer kitty for January.  If we are in or just above the relegation zone he will have money to try and retain our place in the EPL.  Spend it all in the summer and if we still struggle, it could leave us heading back to the championship.  Keep some money back for emergency buys in January.

Is it possible that our transfer kitty is so high it's left the atmosphere?

:lol:

I'm not one who can predict the future but if I could, i'd go as far as to say that our attempts to sign Townsend and Delph will go no further than the enquiry stage.

I vote for the monitoring stage.

You thinking of Niasse?

Nope, definitely Niang. Reading back it sounds as if Everton had a fee agreed but the player has put contract talks on hold.

Yeah pretty sure i read the player was waiting for Arsenal :lol: he'll be waiting a while.

I don't think we'll sign anyone else until we've shipped-out the masses of deadwood. All those returning loanees, Haidara, Lazaar, Hanley, Murphy, the list goes on. All these places in the squad need vacating and it's going to be so difficult finding suitors.

I don't think we'll sign anyone else until we've shipped-out the masses of deadwood. All those returning loanees, Haidara, Lazaar, Hanley, Murphy, the list goes on. All these places in the squad need vacating and it's going to be so difficult finding suitors.

I think you're wrong like, we can't go into a season in the Premier with our current strike force.

I think you're wrong like, we can't go into a season in the Premier with our current strike force.

You can when your owned by Mike Ashley.

We have got quite a good looking set of opening fixtures; if we don't pick up points against potential strugglers we can expect to be near the bottom and in some trouble. It is vital we get players through the door for those early games.

I mean theirs a lot bigger issues with our team than our strike force tbh.

I agree. I think the next forward won't come til at least one of Murphy or Riviere is off the payroll.

I agree. I think the next forward won't come til at least one of Murphy or Riviere is off the payroll.

we might have a very long wait to come then if outgoings determine incomings

we might have a very long wait to come then if outgoings determine incomings

Might as well chuck Riviere in the sea. We won't get anything for him.

I mean theirs a lot bigger issues with our team than our strike force tbh.

Personally I think having a proven goalscorer is a must if you want to avoid the relegation battle. I like Gayle a lot but I'm not sure he'd qualify as a proven Premier striker just yet.

[quote author=TRon link=topic=97924.msg6422280#msg6422280

Personally I think having a proven goalscorer is a must if you want to avoid the relegation battle. I like Gayle a lot but I'm not sure he'd qualify as a proven Premier striker just yet.

Not doubting we need another forward but Gayle's premier league record is one every 182 minutes and he's played a fair bit out wide!

Give him chances and he'll score goals!