Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hate having to share a link to this abortion of a website, but not sure if people saw this. Apparently deals are on the table but names aren't out there. Creative midfielder from La Liga(?) and a winger.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-hatem-ben-arfa-13299868?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Urgh I hate watching Lick Ryder. Hes such a spaz.

Worrying if our range is 5-10mill. I wonder where we would finish if we didn't sign any more players. I don't actually think teams from say 12th to 17th last season are anything special, that's not to say we wouldn't just go straight down but we definitely have a few players to make the step up and play better than 2 years ago.

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

Darlow was the best keeper in the championship last season

:spit:

His stats are very good played 34, conceded 32. 34 games and 13 clean sheets. Not many better according to the stats

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=23&season=20160&category=GOALKEEPING&pos=0&team=0&sort=6&sortOrder=1

This is a sarcastic post, right?

Sarcastic stats ?................... are you for real ?

:lol:

I'd want more than £5m like, he didn't cost us much less than that. He's a decent goalkeeper with a promising future IMO.

It was 5 million for both he and Jamaal, I think Jamaal was probably 75% of that fee.

Rafa clearly doesn't see him as the solution, so turning down 5million seems a bit strange, there must be multiple interest in him I would think.

His stats are very good played 34, conceded 32. 34 games and 13 clean sheets. Not many better according to the stats

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=23&season=20160&category=GOALKEEPING&pos=0&team=0&sort=6&sortOrder=1

More the fact they support the ridiculous suggestion that he was the best keeper in the league.

Play Woodman and f*** it. He can't be any worse than the rest of the average keepers we have, and he has the potential to be a lot better.

I'm actually aligned to that way of thinking also, he's young and obviously will be raw but we won't know what we have until we play him, showed in the summer that he can handle a big stage.

Out of our current crop of keepers Krul should be number 1 with Darlow number 2. Get rid of Sels and Elliott, and send Woodman on loan with a bring back clause incase either Krul or Darlow gets injured.

I would be relatively content with that, if it means spending money in other more crucial areas of the pitch.

Edit: Forgot Sels had already gone :lol:

Guest chopey

More the fact they support the ridiculous suggestion that he was the best keeper in the league.

If not Darlow then who ?

If not Darlow then who ?

Dummett.

Guest chopey

He got dropped for the final three key games for Rob Elliot. That tells you everything you need to know.

Westwood was and is the best by far.

Oh dear  :idiot2:

did Ryder say in that interview we are looking at 5m to 10m players???

get them maps out for Burton again lads if thats the case as no way this club will stop up shopping around that market.....premier league club pays championship fees for players. yet Bournemouth and Leicester spend 20m plus on players. How can't we compete with them its ridiculous

I'm sure Woodman sitting on our bench would do wonders for his career progression.

Loan out Woodman

Buy sexy new keeper

Bench one of Krul/Elliot/Darlow (don't really care which, probably prefer Darlow)

Sell rest

He got dropped for the final three key games for Rob Elliot. That tells you everything you need to know.

Westwood was and is the best by far.

Oh dear  :idiot2:

:lol: He's absolutely spot on, I don't see how anyone could argue that Westwood isn't the best keeper in that division. All you had to do was watch him in the games against us as well.

I'm sure Woodman sitting on our bench would do wonders for his career progression.

Loan out Woodman

Buy sexy new keeper

Bench one of Krul/Elliot/Darlow (don't really care which, probably prefer Darlow)

Sell rest

He's played more football than most keepers his age. If we got Reina it would help his progression learning from him for half a season.

did Ryder say in that interview we are looking at 5m to 10m players???

get them maps out for Burton again lads if thats the case as no way this club will stop up shopping around that market.....premier league club pays championship fees for players. yet Bournemouth and Leicester spend 20m plus on players. How can't we compete with them its ridiculous

Why should we be able to compete financially with Bournemouth and Leicester? They were in the Premiership last season so they got £100m+ for starters. NUFC got around £8m in the Championship. It's all about the TV money. Also, Leicester won the Premier League in 2015/2016 season so they'll have earned a lot of prize money. We got relegated at the worst possible time.

The exact quote is from here (from 10:50): http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-hatem-ben-arfa-13299868?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I touched on it [La Liga centre midfielder] at the start of this, it's one of the ones where Newcastle have got bids on the table, for La Liga players, Rafa Benitez does see value in La Liga there are some players which are available for...within Newcastle's price range if you like, between the £5m and £10m price tag."

There's also a question on budget. He says that we basically have to sell to buy due to the money other PL teams like Bournemouth, Stoke and West Brom received when we got relegated.

Sell-to-buy is not what Ashley said when Rafa agreed to stay like.

Exact quotes so no one has to go on that abomination of a website.

"Do Newcastle have to sell to buy?"

"They've got to sell to give themselves a little more money because compared to some of the other PL they aren't in the same ball park at the minute."

Guest chopey

Sell-to-buy is not what Ashley said when Rafa agreed to stay like.

He did say rafa could have every penny once running costs were taking out.

Guest ElCid

The exact quote is from here (from 10:50): http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-hatem-ben-arfa-13299868?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I touched on it [La Liga centre midfielder] at the start of this, it's one of the ones where Newcastle have got bids on the table, for La Liga players, Rafa Benitez does see value in La Liga there are some players which are available for...within Newcastle's price range if you like, between the £5m and £10m price tag."

There's also a question on budget. He says that we basically have to sell to buy due to the money other PL teams like Bournemouth, Stoke and West Brom received when we got relegated.

Would not surprise me in the slightest with these clowns in charge. I can see Rafa walking before the start of the season and who would blame him - the signs were there to see in January. When clubs like Bournemouth and Leicester are showing more ambition with there price range for transfers then that is a major concern. Let's get it right here the bloke is a billionaire but shows not the slightest ambition in trying to move this club forward and never will.