Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would rather we gave Mitro the chance than Slimani

Mitro's pretty much out scored him in the PL with a much worse team

I don't know much about Slimani, but I've seen enough of Mitrovic to convince me he's not the answer.

Mitrovic is absolute f***ing garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

9 goals in 30 starts in his first premier league season, thats not garbage at all.

We could do better but hes definitely got something. He is young though and needs to improve.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Mitrovic is absolute fucking garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

9 goals in 30 starts in his first premier league season, thats not garbage at all.

We could do better but hes definitely got something. He is young though and needs to improve.

You already know this, but we were relegated that season and he's just been even worse in the league below. I'd love us to bring someone else in tbh, I think we're screwed if we don't.

Mitrovic is absolute fucking garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

He had much less than 30 starts, 22 or something iirc. I think 3 of his goals came off the bench as well, and he scored two penalties (one of those off the bench) so 5 goals from play in 22 starts really. He was generally much better off the bench in the PL and the complete opposite in the Championship

I thought Mitrovic looked promising enough in his first season, 9 goals in a first season ain't shabby at all for a young striker that's just arrived to the league, but he managed to go backwards in the C'ship. I have soured on him a little, tbf, I thought somebody with his attributes would dominate that league, yet if Benítez hadn't struck gold with Gayle we'd have been f***ed.

I thought Mitrovic looked promising enough in his first season, 9 goals in a first season ain't shabby at all for a young striker that's just arrived to the league, but he managed to go backwards in the C'ship. I have soured on him a little, tbf, I thought somebody with his attributes would dominate that league, yet if Benítez hadn't struck gold with Gayle we'd have been f***ed.

This is exactly how I feel.

Mitrovic is absolute f***ing garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

You already know this, but we were relegated that season and he's just been even worse in the league below. I'd love us to bring someone else in tbh, I think we're screwed if we don't.

Of course we should, but people are OTT with this garbage stuff mainly because people withy much higher reputations have had worse seasons than what Mitrovic had.

To be clear though I definitely think we should buy a striker, goes without saying tbh.

When Mitrovic started he contributed. We'll never know for sure how he'd have done but he never had a clear run of games (rightly so because of Gayle), but there's nothing to suggest if he was starting week in, week out, he'd not have gained confidence and scored goals.

When Mitrovic started he contributed. We'll never know for sure how he'd have done but he never had a clear run of games (rightly so because of Gayle), but there's nothing to suggest if he was starting week in, week out, he'd not have gained confidence and scored goals.

Well you could look beyond the stats and just judge him on his finishing and general inability to get into goal scoring areas in general. Even in his first season he looked like he was lacking in both as far as I'm concerned. I never had the same doubts about Gayle in comparison.

Do you really believe this shit or is it blind faith. Of them 9 goals  2 or 3 were penalties and 2 came in the Norwich game

He scored 4 fucking goals in The championship and couldn't get a game ahead of Daryl Murphy. The guy is fucking hopeless, the sitters and chances he misses on a regular basis is predominantly what cost us relegation in the first place. If Dwight Gayle had have been our striker that year we wouldn't have dropped

He's absolutely awful, the love in for him is bizarre to say the least and this nonsense about him being young has to stop

He's 22 and possess none of the attributes to make a good striker, if you haven't got them at that age you'll never have them

Ladies, pls take this to the Mitro thread, where all of this has been discussed to death. FWIW, I'd rather have a dream team of Stephane Guivarche & Andreas Andersson than Mitro, but you'll find such insightful comments in abundance in the Mitro thread. Where you should all go.

Would certainly feel a lot more confident with Slimani upfront over Mitro like.

Edit: aye that ^^^

Yet he scored less than Mitrovic did in his only PL season.

People would no doubt want him gone within a season based on his performances for Leicester.

I'm all for getting someone who can guarantee even in 10 goals but Slimani ffs.

But of course I'm a Mitrovic lover because I don't want someone who scored less than the one who is garbage.