Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The presence of Justin Barnes, an abrasive lieutenant of Ashley, is also a complicating factor as he in charge of the club’s finances.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Of course, because why wouldn't we have some shady Ashley associate with zero experience in football fucking things up.

The presence of Justin Barnes, an abrasive lieutenant of Ashley, is also a complicating factor as he in charge of the club’s finances.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Of course, because why wouldn't we have some shady Ashley associate with zero experience in football fucking things up.

I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to be concerned about, it's never been a problem in the past.

Rumour re Ndiaye (26), to us or West Ham. He plays attacking (mainly),  defensive (25% of time) and centre mid (occasionally) for Osmanlispor.  Whoscored.com list his strengths as dribbling and tackling, scored 7 goals, plus few assists. Rated 12 best (all positions) in Turkish league on their stats system (7.2/10 average rating); which if it means anything is probably better than it sounds given he plays for a poor side. Seems an all rounder, but hardly a signing (if it happens) that will get pulses racing.

Often buy him on FM, so I'm all in :thup:

The problem for Benitez is that the transfer market is highly inflated with some ridiculous prices being quoted and those above him at St James’ Park believe they will get better value for money later in the window.

I feel this is the crux of it. We will try to be clever and wait till later, and then nothing will pan out and the window will close without us having achieved much of anything.

They do this all the time. Things get worse the closer to the window closing you get. Absolute jokers.

Rumour re Ndiaye (26), to us or West Ham. He plays attacking (mainly),  defensive (25% of time) and centre mid (occasionally) for Osmanlispor.  Whoscored.com list his strengths as dribbling and tackling, scored 7 goals, plus few assists. Rated 12 best (all positions) in Turkish league on their stats system (7.2/10 average rating); which if it means anything is probably better than it sounds given he plays for a poor side. Seems an all rounder, but hardly a signing (if it happens) that will get pulses racing.

West Ham not interested apparently.

Tbh when I read about our 8m offer, for a well regarded U21 international (in Jacob Murphy) coming off a pretty solid season, I laughed & thought it was a derisory bid in the current market ...... or it was one of those deliberate low-ball offers doomed to fail, the sort of fun & games Keegan had to contend with when he wanted deals done.

The Starforth and Ryder comments, combined with the pics from tonight, make me think Rafa's currently ok here. But if this continues for another 2 or 3 weeks it could quickly change. Basically need one by the weekend - whether it's Gibbs, Samaris, Murphy.... whatever.

The Starforth and Ryder comments, combined with the pics from tonight, make me think Rafa's currently ok here. But if this continues for another 2 or 3 weeks it could quickly change. Basically need one by the weekend - whether it's Gibbs, Samaris, Murphy.... whatever.

Yep. I'm trying to stay positive for the moment but if this drags on until the end of July I think he'll be gone.

There's no way we can start the new PL season with the current squad we've got at the moment.

More like it. :thup:

We'll be fine in my opinion, this transfer window has been daft with the money going around

We will bring in players that will keep us in the league. It's just very frustrating atm

But honestly man, why is that Justin Barnes person even here? Just f*** off man.

The bloke's a lawyer. He was brought in just before the HMRC raids in late April and my guess is he had something to do with the handling of that. Why he's in charge of the transfer finances, I've no fucking clue.

I'm way more positive after the comments from Ryder and Starforth, felt grim in the earlier part of the afternoon. Hopefully everything will be fine but it's so infuriating ATM.

Rafa is a professional he is never going to publicly show his frustration and dissatisfaction.  It's been a terrible window so far considering how much of a reconstruction job we need to do on the squad.  The longer we wait the harder is it going to be to get the right players in for the price we can afford.

Good to know he's in touch with the frustration though, proves it's not 'bedwetting' to be concerned.

Puzzled. How does Rafa inferring crazy transfer market (i.e. not Cashley and minion(s) plotting/malicious intent/shortsightedness/bloody mindededness/rank stupidity etc etc)  is at least partly responsible for lack of progress, and expressing awareness that fans are frustrated, justify wildfire hysteria that he is about to (contender for most typed word of the Summer, coming-up... drum roll) walk?

I can see why its frustrating when sides are demanding 50m for Ross Barkley, and also Sigurdsson 50m price tag. Ridiculous!

Its no wonder we are considering so many alternatives.

Id be guessing thats where the crazy transfer market quote came from.