Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There doesn't seem to be much/any interest but it would be nice if we got rid of a few soon to give us some extra cash and space. Colback, Darlow and Hanley should give us another 15m to spend. Hope someone like Steve Bruce tries for Colback (dare to dream). Also some of the dead wood of course.

There doesn't seem to be much/any interest but it would be nice if we got rid of a few soon to give us some extra cash and space. Colback, Darlow and Hanley should give us another 15m to spend. Hope someone like Steve Bruce tries for Colback (dare to dream). Also some of the dead wood of course.

I'll be amazed if anyone wants Colback - how much is he on? When does his contract end?

I'll be amazed if anyone wants Colback - how much is he on? When does his contract end?

2019. We should make some kind of advent calendar to count down.

I think Reina is the one I just about want the most, purely cos I'd guess he's the one Rafa wants the most. It would also show that he has enough respect at the club to make signings that Carr absolutely wouldn't make. Which would be a good sign. If we signed Reina I'd be a lot, lot less worried about Rafa walking, basically.

I think Reina is the one I just about want the most, purely cos I'd guess he's the one Rafa wants the most. It would also show that he has enough respect at the club to make signings that Carr absolutely wouldn't make. Which would be a good sign.

Well said. It's not the player it's everything else.

The agents do like name dropping us when it comes to their clients potential moves.

How many players have we actually enquired about though?

Maybe about 10% of those named? Abraham and Cairney seem as close to confirmed interest as we're likely to get without signing.

Confirmed previous interest in Abraham, Cabellero and Cairney means that we are still looking for a striker, goalkeeper and creative midfielder if the deal for Murphy goes through. Should we get additions in these 4 areas, I would be reasonably satisfied.

The agents do like name dropping us when it comes to their clients potential moves.

How many players have we actually enquired about though?

Maybe about 10% of those named? Abraham and Cairney seem as close to confirmed interest as we're likely to get without signing.

90% of the 10% I'd take with a pinch of salt.

The Cairney thing, we probably made an offer of 8m and they said 20 and then we said good luck.

The managers comments were about flushing out a big cash offer.

Abraham I think we enquired about as a back up/squad player. Chelsea want assurances about amount of games being played. We wouldn't give that.

So we move on. Of course Rafa would be frustrated.

Semedo I think was a stroke pulled by his agent to speed up the move to La Liga.

The only ones I truly think we've been in for and prepared to negotiate for are LeJeune, Murphy and Samaris, the latter of which we will at least equal our transfer record for.

The rest of our business will be squad players to replace the ones who have left.

Guest chopey

I still think most of this windows deals will be done the week leading up to the window closing when panic mode kicks in

Rafa Benitez has been keeping an eye on Alaves defender Zou Feddal according to the Daily Mail.

The Moroccan international has a buyout clause of just £2.6 million and is attracting interest from both Valencia and Real Betis in Spain.

Southampton are also eyeing up the 28-year-old, who played under Mauricio Pellegrino last season.

Brighton have also had scouts watching Feddal, who has gained a strong reputation for being able to read the game well and intercept danger

He helped Alaves reach the final of the Copa Del Rey last season and his price makes him a highly attractive option for potential suitors.