Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reina was linked with us like every other transfer window while Guardiola was here, he seems obsessed.

Bravo's linked with Napoli, no Caballero, no Hart. An experienced keeper with Premier League and Champions League experience who's good enough to step in is realistic I'd say.

Some mentioning we could still also go for that Ojo youngster.

Didn't even realise hes been playing at such a high level, since the age of 13 he was training with the mk dons first team before Liverpool swooped. Looks a really clever player.

Why is everyone saying we now need a no.10, is Murphy not that or is he more of a winger?

Number 10 is arguably the biggest priority for me if I'm being honest.

Diame/Perez laughably not good enough, Siem maybe but physically useless.

Without someone creating and/or scoring from there we are in trouble imo.

Not that he'd come here but Barkely's not the type of player we're desperate for.

We're desperate for someone to play behind the striker so I'm not sure I agree.

He's not coming anyway though.

It would be a bold and outstanding move. Which is why it'll never happen.

Wonder if Barkley could be the #10 /CM. Might be the one we are stockpiling the cash for. Can only think of Spurs being interested who finished above Everton but they've Lamella coming back to fitness so can't see them wanting both.

Not a hint of a link mind but think he might be a good fit at NUFC.

How much do you reckon he would cost? £30m or more?

Everton want 50m.

Last year of his contract... Good luck with that. Can see him signing a pre contract for some foreign team in January and sold back to a premiership team a week later for less than half that.

I just found it intriguing that Rafa in his quotes asked MA did he have to spread the budget on several players or could it be used for just one. Kind of implies he has one big signing in mind if still available at the end of the window.

Wonder if Barkley could be the #10 /CM. Might be the one we are stockpiling the cash for. Can only think of Spurs being interested who finished above Everton but they've Lamella coming back to fitness so can't see them wanting both.

Everton want 50m.

Last year of his contract... Good luck with that. Can see him signing a pre contract for some foreign team in January and sold back to a premiership team a week later for less than half that.

I just found it intriguing that Rafa in his quotes asked MA did he have to spread the budget on several players or could it be used for just one. Kind of implies he has one big signing in mind if still available at the end of the window.

Or he was just checking how far he had free reign.

From the mail

Newcastle are interested in full backs Kieran Gibbs and Carl Jenkinson and there has been Premier League interest in a permanent move for Calum Chambers, with new Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer among his admirers. Mathieu Debuchy, with a year left on his contract, has been told he can leave on a free.

From the mail

Newcastle are interested in full backs Kieran Gibbs and Carl Jenkinson and there has been Premier League interest in a permanent move for Calum Chambers, with new Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer among his admirers. Mathieu Debuchy, with a year left on his contract, has been told he can leave on a free.

Gibbs and Chambers are apparently off to WBA and Palace. The other 2 are utter toilet.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, I'm critical of Walcott but mainly because of the level of the team he's playing for. At our team level he'd improve us immeasurably.

Everton want 50m.

Interesting. I'm not sure that the players we've bought so far are that much better than the ones we've already got. Concentrating on one player who would represent a big improvement in one position makes sense to me, given our situation.

Barkley would be a great buy for us. For some reason, the bigger clubs don't seem all that keen. He has the talent, but it seems there may be question marks against his application. Not risk free, but we're not going to break out of our current situation without one or two gambles.

If we do sign Ojo, somebody mentioned in another thread about putting Ritchie in at nº10; he scores goals works hard and is reasonably tricky, could be the perfect answer.

We would have some pace and guile up front with Gayle, Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu & (Ojo?)

Agree on Barkley being a great addition for us. Almost entirely unrealistic though. He's said he wants to play for a bigger club if he leaves and has a better set up and level of football where he is. Rafa is good but he ain't that good.