Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Agree on Barkley being a great addition for us. Almost entirely unrealistic though. He's said he wants to play for a bigger club if he leaves and has a better set up and level of football where he is. Rafa is good but he ain't that good.

Not sure he's good enough to start for anyone in the top 6 to be honest, reminds me of Wilshere, great ability but no where near enough application on a consistent basis compared with their counterparts in the other top teams. He's English so will command a price tag for that home-grown spot, and would definitely walk into our team no doubt about it. Could see him going to a club like West Ham to be honest.

If we do sign Ojo, somebody mentioned in another thread about putting Ritchie in at nº10; he scores goals works hard and is reasonably tricky, could be the perfect answer.

We would have some pace and guile up front with Gayle, Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu & (Ojo?)

We want sign Ojo now Murphy is all but done, it was an either/or situation.

Think he is more likely to stay put, although spurs are looking like signing him by all press reports. Don't know why he would move backwards to a palace, west ham or Leicester. Everton are most likely to be top 6 outside the normal 5.

Think he is more likely to stay put, although spurs are looking like signing him by all press reports. Don't know why he would move backwards to a palace, west ham or Leicester. Everton are most likely to be top 6 outside the normal 5.

I'm sure I read that he's not getting on with Koeman so well?

If we do sign Ojo, somebody mentioned in another thread about putting Ritchie in at nº10; he scores goals works hard and is reasonably tricky, could be the perfect answer.

We would have some pace and guile up front with Gayle, Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu & (Ojo?)

We want sign Ojo now Murphy is all but done, it was an either/or situation.

Just realised he's a RB, must be Anita's replacement and will challenge Yedlin for the position.

Meh, know absolutely nothing about him but will give him a chance and see how he gets on. He must have some talent if Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Marseille have all fancied him at some point.

Lazaar will be next out.

I can't recall ever seeing him play but obviously didn't take to the game here as Rafa had hoped.

Unless he was a Carr signing, then it makes more sense.

Can't remember much about Manquillo but I'm sure Rafa knows his Spanish market. 23, so plenty of scope for improvement too.

With only a year left on his contract, we won't be paying much for him.

Think I mentioned that as Ritchie would definitely fancy the role. Personally I think he's good enough to play it, but more importantly he has arguably the most intense "winning" mentality in our squad and should be involved in a pivotal position.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there are some quotes from Rafa where he states those left at home (Lazaar, Krul, Riviere) are available to leave 'if the price is right'.

Also stated that whilst selling players would help towards a transfer budget, the initial budget without any sales is enough to do what he wants to do (providing Mike isn't a cunt).

Edit - http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/rafa-benitez-explains-his-decision-to-leave-tim-krul-achraf-lazaar-and-emmanuel-riviere-in-newcastle-1-8654420