Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

With Joselu in, what else do we need (other than to replace the dross that we sell)?

A LB, GK and #10? Can see us getting 2 of the 3.

Still think that list depends if we shift anyone out.

Agree - unless they come in on a free.

It'll almost be a one in, one out now imo.

Darlow/Krul out - GK in

Haidara out - LB in

De Jong out - #10 in

and so on...

Or loan with Kennedy for example.  Still can't believe we still haven't got rid of at least 1 of those expected to leave after Murphy left weeks ago

With Joselu in, what else do we need (other than to replace the dross that we sell)?

Darlow/Krul out - GK in

Haidara out - LB in

De Jong out - #10 in

and so on...

We're not going to spend the money on a number 10 who can transform us though, that's the issue. Do you think we'll be able to get anyone better than Perez for less than say £15m?

Darlow/Krul out - GK in

Haidara out - LB in

De Jong out - #10 in

and so on...

We're not going to spend the money on a number 10 who can transform us though, that's the issue. Do you think we'll be able to get anyone better than Perez for less than say £15m?

Absolutely not, we'd have to take a punt on an unknown foreign player really.

If we sign Kenedy on loan I think that'll be it tbh. A couple of our unwanted players will probably go out on loan late on when clubs get desperate.

Certainly can't see anything else significant happening now.

Until we are 17th in January then suddenly we'll find some money in a torrid market.

Yep, Ashley doesn't seem to grasp that investing now will mean we can secure our status ready for next season.  he'd rather gamble it all and risk going down again.

THE FAT MELT.

If we sign Kenedy on loan I think that'll be it tbh. A couple of our unwanted players will probably go out on loan late on when clubs get desperate.

Think it will be enough?

That's why we cannot sell Mitrovic at this moment.  Normally to break team down, the options are counter attack, magic plays or aerial threat.  We have pacy wingers and striker (Atsu, Gayle), we don't have magicians (like HBA), so we still need some aerial threat.  Mitrovic is decent, and let's hope Joselu is even better at this.

In the end, what we need most is a bunch of players that can 100% carried out our manager's plan.  Rafa is our best weapon.  As long as we have players who listen to Rafa, and able to carried out the tactics on pitch (as shown vs Spurs), we are a mid table team.  We are much better than when we relegate, as a team, not as individual.

Mitro is not "decent" in the air, like.

Is everyone else in the squad just horrendous in the air then?, because he's our best in that department offensively.

Think it will be enough?

Probably. Nothing more than that though. Basically we've rejoined the gravy train and all that matters is that we stay on it and collect the money, like most of the clubs in the league. There's clearly no ambition to do any more than the bare minimum for the smallest cost possible.

Which I guess we already knew, but suppose I hoped things might be different this time.

DM?

More CM than DM tbh, which was highlighted further with Shelvey being a moron.

Hmm, I think we need a DM just to sit in there.

I think we are quite solid defensively tbh, real issue is we lack any sort of creation in front. Even before Shelvey decided to be an utter melt, it was an issue that needs addressing.

I wouldn't say no to a solid DM mind, i just think we have more pressing concerns.

Think it will be enough?

Probably. Nothing more than that though. Basically we've rejoined the gravy train and all that matters is that we stay on it and collect the money, like most of the clubs in the league. There's clearly no ambition to do any more than the bare minimum for the smallest cost possible.

Which I guess we already knew, but suppose I hoped things might be different this time.

They're not very good at guessing what the minimal cost is to stay on board.

Rather than looking at the manager we've somehow got and kept (and the momentum we built last season) and giving him the funds to actually try and progress the club, they're relying on him being good enough to do it for them on a pittance. They know he likes it here and have used past experience to tie him into a bulletproof contract to make it very difficult for him to walk out. They've been as deceitful as ever in private and in public, knowing that the fans don't want to revolt as they have in recent times. They've done absolutely nothing to allay fears of him walking all summer because it suits them nicely to keep the fans worried about upsetting the apple cart and arguing amongst themselves about 'being negative'.

Genius when you think about it.

I reckon it could be the wage bill holding us up.  We've got a large number of players drawing salaries who aren't needed, won't be used and have no future at the club.  We'll maybe see some more movement once we've shifted a few of them.

Krul, Saivet, Colback, Haidara and Riviere would be about £8.5m a year going off reports.

I'm the same. They've previously booked the lines between wages and fees so wouldn't surprise me if the wage bill being 'full' was the major hold on any further incomings because just as fees have shot up so have wages.

Basically exploiting the fact we have a good manager rather than embracing it.

The best part of it is that if things don't go well this season people will say 'Rafa isn't actually that good' or 'they were right not to let him waste too much money'. We've already seen it with the criticism of the signings of Sels amongst others. All designed to take the heat off them and load it onto others.

See January for ultimate proof of this, Rafa wanted reinforcements to guarantee promotion and lead nicely into this season. They lied to him and fucked him over* but we won the league anyway, so people say they were right to hold back. Had we not won the league, people would have said Rafa failed.

If we actually do well this season I'm sure people will say they were right to be careful with the funds. I'll be happy and wonder what might have been.

*We're supposed to forget where the funds we didn't spend in January have gone.