Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totally agree with Kaiz, I'd have replaced Shelvey in the summer myself.

:thup:

Did alright in the Champo with the extra time and space but he's largely ineffective in the PL.  He's not quick enough in either mind or body to take advantage of his passing ability and range.

Exactly. You could maybe make use of him with a midfield three giving him licence to ponce about but he'd also need genuine pacy players up top and wide all with good movement in order for him to thrive.

Totally agree with Kaiz, I'd have replaced Shelvey in the summer myself.

:thup:

He's not quick enough in either mind or body to take advantage of his passing ability and range.

Sums the situation up. If we're going to push on from being mere survivors, we need an upgrade on Shelvey.

Yes we should have sold Shelvey in the summer for say £20 million and spent £30 million on a better replacement. Can't see a single flaw in that plan.....

£20m? Honestly think we'll, at best, recoup what we paid for him.

Source is here:

https://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/72617/favor-rafa-benitez-quiere-hacerle-zinedine-zidane

The favor that Rafa Benítez wants to make to Zinedine Zidane

Rafa Benítez is willing to do Zinedine Zidane a favor . The former Real Madrid coach, who was taken over by the Frenchman after Florentino Perez fired him because of the team's poor results, has in mind a market movement with which he may end up removing a headache to the current Real Madrid coach Everything has to do with the goal.

The arrival of Kepa Arrizabalaga to the club presided over by Florentino Pérez , something that is practically done , is going to cause that in the white goal there is an overbooking . For this reason, Rafa Benítez has already offered to take the player who will be harmed the most by the arrival of Athletic Club's goalkeeper at Real Madrid in January: Kiko Casilla .

Zinedine Zidane relies blindly on the characteristics of Keylor Navas and that complicates the departure of the Costa Rican in the winter market. Casilla , meanwhile, has fallen out of favor. Many fans of Real Madrid consider that he does not have the necessary quality to remain in the team and the arrival of Kepa Arrizabalaga will leave him practically without options to play . Unless, of course, he accepts the proposal of a Newcastle that will have to compete with Deportivo de la Coruña to take his services.

Saivet better than Shelvey :lol:

I'd have thought someone could realize when a joke is included to heighten a point one is trying to make. Said point is that Shelvey needs to be replaced.

And Deila is an absolute s*** manager. That point was made because I believe Rodgers is also s*** if you take him out of the one team league that the Scottish Prem is. Rodgers doing well with Celtic doesn't equate to Rodgers being a great manager.

He's a considerably better manager than Deila though, proven by him doing well outside of the one team league

How feasible is it that we could have any new signings eligible to play on Monday? (Being the 1st and all) If deals had already been done could said players, maybe loanees or whatever, play on Monday?

Guest reefatoon

Full 11 new players needed by the looks of it. This team is an absolute shower of shit. Terrified of the ball. We need some leaders in there, and some players with a big influence, who can stand up and make a difference. Let's just hope there are some out there we can bring in for buttons.