Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Coming 2nd wouldn't be too bad as long as Portugal don't come 2nd in F. No way would Ronaldo keep missing sitters if playing against us.

Means a strong possibility of playing France in the QF though.

Win the group, and it's probably one of Albania, Northern Ireland or Croatia/Czech Republic/Turkey (3rd from A, C or D)

2nd in the group and it's probably well.. anyone's guess :lol: Whoever comes 2nd from Hungary (4), Iceland (2), Portugal (2) & Austria (1) Current pts bracketed (2nd from F)

3rd in the group, probably Spain/Croatia or Germany/Poland (Winner of C or D)

This fucking tournament. :lol:

:lol: exactly.

If Wales can beat them so can we, if you can't beat Slovakia you might as well pack it in and go home anyway.

Might as well play 1 at the back for craic then.

We still need to play our best team, we're in a tournament.

France rested players tonight despite knowing that a defeat would have seen them have a very tricky tie against either Germany or Poland. I don't have too much of a problem with it actually.

I reserve the right to change this opinion at 10pm on Monday. [emoji38]

France almost paid for that, they should have conceded a penalty in injury time which if scored would have seen them come second. Also for a side that's failed to establish any real rhythm I doubt this will help them on that score.

This is it. We still don't really have a shape or system that's been tried and tested to the point of any sort of fluidity or understanding.

We're exciting in that we're unpredictable but the flipside is that we'll also be unpredictably poor in games.

The argument for a couple of changes, I see. The argument for 4/5/6, I don't.

Win the group, and it's probably one of Albania, Northern Ireland or Croatia/Czech Republic/Turkey (3rd from A, C or D)

2nd in the group and it's probably well.. anyone's guess :lol: Whoever comes 2nd from Hungary (4), Iceland (2), Portugal (2) & Austria (1) Current pts bracketed (2nd from F)

3rd in the group, probably Spain/Croatia or Germany/Poland (Winner of C or D)

giphy.gif

If Wales can beat them so can we, if you can't beat Slovakia you might as well pack it in and go home anyway.

You can beat them obviously, it's just not some foregone conclusion and teams have had worse results than not beating Slovakia and gone on to do well before

Aye. Such a weird mindset. Germany came from behind to draw against Ghana in the WC. Same Ghana that lost to USA & Portugal. Had Germany disrespected Ghana with a weakened team they would've lost.

It makes sense to rest the full backs to me, given that there's no weakening of the side by bringing them in. You don't want to be bringing in cold players to replace injured ones later on. I'd have given Forster a game and possibly Stones too. Maybe even Barkley.

Slovakia XI to play England: Kozacik; Pekarik, Skrtel, Durica, Hubocan; Pecovsky, Kucka, Mak, Hamsik, Weiss; Nemec.

England XI to play Slovakia: Hart, Cahill, Smalling, Bertrand, Clyne, Dier, Henderson, Wilshere, Lallana, Vardy, Sturridge.

There's aspects which is better and worse.

Fullbacks are probably worse going forward but better defensively, Henderson and Wilshere as a pairing is worse than Alli and Rooney imo mainly because of the big drop off to Henderson :lol: although Wilshere is probably more suited to his role than Alli currently is.

Forwards are probably better though.