Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

That thing about Vardy being on holiday with his mates in Zante having just completed a move from Fleetwood Town the last time the Euros was on is class [emoji38]

Despite all the piss take songs and what not, you have to have nothing but admiration for the fella.  Playing amateur football 4 years ago still hungover and fulla gear and now scoring goals in the Euro Finals and a PL Champion.

I'll be expecting a call up in 2020.

I cannot believe Lineker said this is the first time we've come from behind to win a game in a major tournament. Helmut fucking Haller, man. That couldn't be more major.

Maybe he meant in normal time, though I know he didn't say that.

Yeah, he must have meant that because we beat Cameroon in 90 aet after being behind too.

Think it's arranged to be a bit easier if you win your group. I worked out something about finishing second means avoiding France but I can't remember how it went...:lol:

Nah we'd likely face them in the quarters if that happened. If we win our group we'll play whoever comes 3rd in D or A most likely. Then its C if neither of them are best finishers. So its Czech's or Romania atm. Then its 1st of F v 2nd of E.

So if Portugal win F, they are the most likely quarter finalist for our group, unless Italy come 2nd in theirs.

Just watched a recording of the game.

It looks like our best side has emerged, and I like what I see. They're able to work the ball in the spaces between the opposition defence and midfield, unlike most previous England sides.

Hopefully, we'll get through to the later stages and come up against the top sides, and that'll be interesting. The opposition will be stronger but the pressure will be off.