Group E - Italy (Q), Belgium (Q), Ireland (Q), Swe - ITA 0-1 IRL | SWE 0-1 BEL

Wullie

I hope the Irish upload a highlight reel of Clark in these two games the same way they did for McGrath against Italy in 1994. He has been something else. Oh ah, Cieran Clark. Oh ah Cieran Clark!

To think he turned us down to play for these. Lad should be knighted.

I was going to agree with you but I can't hear you through the wall of noise #bestfans

They took 4 points off Ireland in qualifying tbf. :lol:

Was only the freak result in Georgia which stopped them going through.

Scotland didn't get anything from the two Germany games either, whereas Ireland somehow nicked 4 points.

"Best fans in the World" shite is really fucking annoying. I know froggy only does it to wind up lads on here but it's just so wrong. How many Irish fans in that crowd have a League of Ireland club within half an hour journey from them? The majority of them I would think and the crowds in the league are utterly shit. We'd probably have better players if these teams were given more support instead of going over the euros every once in a while and videoing yourself being a fucking idiot and then calling yourselves the best fans in the world

It was a stone wall penalty against long but comprehensively beaten. It's nothing to be ashamed about as Belgium are the top ranked team in the entire competition. Just far better than us and nothing more needs to be said.

We've a point already. Can beat Italy and go through. Keep the faith.

Are they actually talking about that penalty shout on BBC/ITV? Haven't mentioned it at all on RTE

Yes, Howard Webb's on now saying that it was a pen.

It was.

http://i.imgur.com/4bw56t9.jpg