Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Guest andyburn

That chant is lifting.  :lol:

Still miles better than "Please don't take me home". My cat vomiting is better than "Please don't take me home" though....

They're raising money for a new project: http://www.true-faith.co.uk/gallowgate-flags-legends-tribute/

The next major display to be planned by Gallowgate Flags involves commissioning jumbo, hand-held flags for those Veitch2players and servants of Newcastle United whose place in the club’s history is outstanding and should have a form of tribute to their timeless achievements.

Gallowgate Flags would like to commission separate hand-held jumbo flags to feature:

Colin Veitch

Bill McCracken

Hughie Gallacher

Stan Seymour (senior)

Jackie Milburn

Joe Harvey

Bob Moncur

Malcolm Macdonald

Kevin Keegan

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer

Sir Bobby Robson

Moncur is a level below the others  listed, in my opinion.

In terms of what exactly? 

Moncur has tarnished his reputation in recent years due to his endorsement of the Ashley regime,  but if you're going to use that argument,  you'd better cross Beardsley off that list too.

If we're talking purely on the field/ managerial accomplishments,  then he's ahead of Supermac,  no question.

I totally get your point but i , personally, have never held Moncur up with our all time hero's/best player's.

Fair enough. Moncur has always been a bit of a hero to me as he was our captain when I first started going to the match. Supermac was obviously the real hero to me at the time,  but I always felt a little bit let down by the way he left us in his prime without winning a trophy.  Moncur on the other hand actually won something pretty much single handed, with three goals in the two legged final and the Fairs Cup was a big deal in those days.

Concur can get f***ed

http://i64.tinypic.com/rw3nrd.jpg

Look at the w*****, what has he ever done for us.

He could have scored 1000 goals and we win the treble.  f***ing sold his soul and his arse to that fat c***.  f***ing hate this s*** because someone was a good player they are heroes no matter what.. AJ and Sunderland

Why is Moncur getting pelters but Beardsley isn't, they both have supported Ashley's regime.

They both deserve flags, Moncur was a fantastic player for us. He was the captain of the last side to win a major trophy, unbelievably, while he scored only 3 goals in nearly 300 league appearances for us he managed to equal that total in the 2 legged Fairs Cup Final.

He's got himself a nice little job and we're expecting him to use it to slag Ashley off and get booted out?

Concur can get f***ed

http://i64.tinypic.com/rw3nrd.jpg

Look at the w*****, what has he ever done for us.

He could have scored 1000 goals and we win the treble.  Fucking soud his soul and his arse to that fat cunt.  Fucking hate this shit because someone was a good player they are heroes no matter what.. AJ and Sunderland

Sold his soul :lol: Get a grip man. Not quite on the same level as AJ tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Kind of with Slim tbh. I'd probably find it a bit harder if it was my era in that same way that it's hard to dislike Pedro for his defending of Ashley.

No AJ was just a point that because someone plays well for a club we seem to forget/forgive them.  Plenty Sunderland fans I know make excuses for him and say they would take him back

He was doing his job not noncing tbf.

He watched Ashley rape all the fans.  Some underage and supported him

No AJ was just a point that because someone plays well for a club we seem to forget/forgive them.  Plenty Sunderland fans I know make excuses for him and say they would take him back

He was doing his job not noncing tbf.

He watched Ashley rape all the fans.  Some underage and supported him

http://i68.tinypic.com/25044m9.gif