Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Bit of a waste of time if you ask me. Flags up for about 5 minutes pre match.

this is what i thought at the huddersfield match tbh :lol:

me and my old man were like :notbad: when it started and thought it was gonna be the whole game then they were fucking gone :lol:

it's not to knock the effort of anyone involved at all, just seems like something that needs to be allowed to keep going (you'd have to have a dedicated section though obviously)

There seems to be little appetite to do much in the upcoming games but if people generally think this should happen more frequently I fully intend to push this within the group. No matter how big or small the displays would be.

Man power is somewhat of an issue at present but there are certainly a few who believe this should become the norm (albeit not to this extent).

Also if people have reasonable ideas for designs and / or displays that don't involve pyrotechnics then we'd gladly welcome suggestions. Surfers, streamers and one or two other "themes" have been suggested but the more ideas the better.

Thought it was better just placing them under random seats than asking for volunteers because 99% of people will wave a flag if it's there for them but far less will actually volunteer.

I didn't volunteer but when I got to my seat yesterday 15 mins before kick off there was a flag placed under my seat (the big Newcastle city coat of arms one) so I gladly waved that up until kick off. It seemed to go down very well yesterday and some of the pictures I've seen on twiiter/facebook this morning look amazing.

As a side note did anyone notice the ball boy sat in front of the Gallowgate corner? He was constantly up off his stool joining in with all the songs and even turning round to orchestrate the crowd at times. Seemed to be having the time of his life!

the flags should definitely come out for big games or tv games.  it'd be amazing to have sky/bt showing our flag display in the build-up to the game as they do for liverpool's european games, where they focus on the kop in the minutes before the game. 

first home game of the season, last home game of the season, tv games, big cup games, top of the table clashes and derbies would be best for getting the flag display out.

it'd be great if we got to a point where it was just what we did.

Bit of a waste of time if you ask me. Flags up for about 5 minutes pre match.

Have you volunteered to help? I know they are looking for help.

No I haven't why??

Because it would help with them being displayed for earlier/longer so there's not a rush to for them to be disposed so quickly.

Thought it was better just placing them under random seats than asking for volunteers because 99% of people will wave a flag if it's there for them but far less will actually volunteer.

I didn't volunteer but when I got to my seat yesterday 15 mins before kick off there was a flag placed under my seat (the big Newcastle city coat of arms one) so I gladly waved that up until kick off. It seemed to go down very well yesterday and some of the pictures I've seen on twiiter/facebook this morning look amazing.

As a side note did anyone notice the ball boy sat in front of the Gallowgate corner? He was constantly up off his stool joining in with all the songs and even turning round to orchestrate the crowd at times. Seemed to be having the time of his life!

Aye I seen this bairn. What a little legend! [emoji38]

He was slapping the advertising boards and jumping up and down then when Mitro got pushed over in the corner right in front of him he jumped out his seat and was yelling and pointing at him from two yards [emoji38]

The kid literally couldn't contain his excitement and kept turning to the corner to see the latest song before proceeding to bounce up and down again. Was belter to see. That kid will forever support Newcastle for experiences like he had yesterday and in a sense that's largely down to Rafa returning this club to what it should be.

It's highly significant because what he's doing isn't just for our benefit it's to preserve and fix the club for generations to come. None of that Geordie children supporting fucking Chelsea shite.

I was helping my mate hold up the Supermac flag. They blocked the view of the first 10-15 rows of the middle tier, people were shouting for us to lower it as soon as the players can out. Plus the wind didn't help, they were like a ship's sail!!!

I wonder if it's possible to negotiate with the club in these times of ours, and try to make them a permanent fixture somewhere? I'd love to see these up all the time where they can be appreciated for more than a handful of minutes per game. A dedication section for these would be awesome at the very least, so people who want to make more of an atmosphere can feel free to do so without the complaining of others.

By the way, you guys (Gallowgate Flags) have my utmost respect for taking this responsibility and trying to improve the atmosphere. I don't think people will ever really get how much time and effort goes into these sorts of things, and how difficult it is to persuade others along the way :thup:

Keep up the good work and don't be discouraged good people.

I was helping my mate hold up the Supermac flag. They blocked the view of the first 10-15 rows of the middle tier, people were shouting for us to lower it as soon as the players can out. Plus the wind didn't help, they were like a ship's sail!!!

People are ridiculous...what exactly were they going to miss? Pathetic.

Great effort yesterday, my ST seat is behind most of the flagbearers so it's hard to tell at the game how impressive it all looks. Upon seeing the photos after the match I've nothing but praise for all involved. :clap:

Love this stuff, good work guys.

I don't know how feasible it is but I'd like to see some mini black and white flags handed out, say to the whole of the Gallowgate. To get the effect we had during Shearer's testimonial match, with the scarves.

Dunno how funding etc works but that would be cool.

Should have like a dedicated section for where the flags can stay out for more than just a few minutes per game. Something like this came to my head seeing Dortmund away supporters, their section at away games are absolutely covered with flags; looked mint in their Europa League game at Anfield last season. Something like that in SJP would be class, and there'd be nee one complaining if it was in a dedicated section.

There seems to be little appetite to do much in the upcoming games but if people generally think this should happen more frequently I fully intend to push this within the group. No matter how big or small the displays would be.

Man power is somewhat of an issue at present but there are certainly a few who believe this should become the norm (albeit not to this extent).

Also if people have reasonable ideas for designs and / or displays that don't involve pyrotechnics then we'd gladly welcome suggestions. Surfers, streamers and one or two other "themes" have been suggested but the more ideas the better.

CHx39J_UEAAegax.jpg