Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

that supermac one should be up permanently somewhere inside or outside the stadium.

also think he should have had a statue before shearer. just shearer is still a bit recent whereas supermac is folklore.

Suppose Supermac spent a lot in the bars around toon whereas Shearer was only the club's record goalscorer. Makes sense.

that supermac one should be up permanently somewhere inside or outside the stadium.

also think he should have had a statue before shearer. just shearer is still a bit recent whereas supermac is folklore.

Suppose Supermac spent a lot in the bars around toon whereas Shearer was only the club's record goalscorer. Makes sense.

Saw Mal one time in The Old George, he was self-medicating for his knee pain iirc, knocking back the whisky at lunchtime. So it goes. He gets a pass on that, he was phenomenally explosive on his day, my childhood hero. That goal against Bolton was a thing of beauty, but Al belted in a couple - Everton and Villa spring to mind - which I had much better orgasms over. :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a waste of time if you ask me. Flags up for about 5 minutes pre match.

couldnt really see though them, they had to come down.

should be hung up somewhere permanently now.

The obvious solution would be to take these flags and make them a permanent fixture on the outside walls of the stadium a la  Arsenal's display at The Emirates.

They should provoke a response from the crowd to create an atmosphere so that 5 minutes should be enough. Evidently not.

The fact that people clap in a minutes silence shows the level of intelligence of elements of our support.

I agree that it seems a little pointless but if the provokation had the desired response it wouldn't be. Unfortunately everyone expects to win 6-0 every game these days so it didn't.