Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Can you not number each flag wit ultra violet markers, record who the flags have been given to and publicly flog those who steal them. Disgusting behaviour which needs stopping.

nee chance, best thing would have been to allow them to have the flags, and ask to bring them to each game- save yourself all the storage and transport of them as well.

Surely possible some people thought they were free to take unless it was made clear on the day?

No, we were politely asking fans who were walking out with them at the end to hand them back, some did but nearly every member of the group had some sort of confontation, one of our group was told ' howay then,take it off me' ,I despair sometimes. There was a group of about 20 of us at the ground last night until dark and back today at 12.30. We are thinking of scaling it down a bit, it was a lot harder than we thought and to be honest we feel a bit deflated after the thefts, although i hope you all agree it did look stunning.

:anguish:

Despite mongs being mongs in the grand scheme of things we were the only plus point on a miserable day at St James'. If it has inspired the bairns to pick us as their team and the fan base to put hands in pockets we can replace those that were stolen or taken by accident. Unfortunately what we cannot take back is the time spent but tbf if that sort of display becomes the norm and we double our volunteers then spending the time was worth it. Was quite moved by it at 14.50. Was proud of what a small amount of people could achieve (work wise) and proud to be a Geordie.

Onwards and upwards!

Thing is, you can't really point the finger at the people who volunteered to wave them, as they could have left them there and someone else nick it afterwards. I did see a couple of people hand them to a steward.

Can't understand why you'd want to nick one anyway tbh, they looked mint all together but they're just plain black n white flags.

What's the plans if it hits £15k by the way?

Surely possible some people thought they were free to take unless it was made clear on the day?

No, we were politely asking fans who were walking out with them at the end to hand them back, some did but nearly every member of the group had some sort of confontation, one of our group was told ' howay then,take it off me' ,I despair sometimes. There was a group of about 20 of us at the ground last night until dark and back today at 12.30. We are thinking of scaling it down a bit, it was a lot harder than we thought and to be honest we feel a bit deflated after the thefts, although i hope you all agree it did look stunning.

Not shocked in the slightest. Shame mind.

Absolutely shocking that some were nicked. Well done Heza and all though, cracking effort.

Sure you stand a few rows behind me actually Heza. Proper love a AND AN N AND AN E [emoji38]

Aye. That and a good old "Toon Toon" [emoji38]

Cheers !

Wor Jackie is on the back row of our block too. :-)

Excellent work by gallowgate flags. Fantastic display. Reminded me of why i love my club despite the constant let downs on the pitch. Those who stole them should be ashamed of themselves. Probably too much to ask but just bring them back next game and leave them at SJP. If not, they deserve all the condemnation coming to them.