Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Unless we have a player lined up,  no one wants mitro but we are willing to let Gayle move for 20 mil to sign the lined up guy.

Reality is we'll sell Gayle with a shonky loan signing coming in to cover.  While the money sits in a random bank account.

Rafa quotes today about how Gayle wasn't really injured but just left out.

If it's a mental thing as is being suggested it's hard to see how he's going to be brought back in. These things don't get solved over night

I don't see how we can be simultaneously believe Gayle is being sold and that nobody else is coming in. Even we wouldn't be that mental.

Sell Gayle in the next 24 hrs then stick in a bid for a good player which will be rejected. Time runs out, we hold our hands up in frustration and curse our luck. How does that sound?

I don't see how we can be simultaneously believe Gayle is being sold and that nobody else is coming in. Even we wouldn't be that mental.

Sell Gayle in the next 24 hrs then stick in a bid for a good player which will be rejected. Time runs out, we hold our hands up in frustration and curse our luck. How does that sound?

Well aye, anything's possible :lol:

If Gayle's offski, it will be a means to an end. Rafa will have his dominos aligned.

If Gayle's offski, it will be a means to an end. Rafa will have his dominos aligned.

Rafa isn't the worry though, I mean it's not like he's lined up a deal before, agreed a price and personal terms and then been let down by the bean counters is it?

Sell Gayle, get Origi on loan, use additional funds to strengthen elsewhere? Seems sensible if we had more than 48 hours and a clue.

Don't think I'd sell Gayle to get a loan player in. I'd sell him to fund a top new striker permanent signing. 

Sell Gayle, get Origi on loan, use additional funds to strengthen elsewhere? Seems sensible if we had more than 48 hours and a clue.

Don't think I'd sell Gayle to get a loan player in. I'd sell him to fund a top new striker permanent signing.

We're not getting a top new striker for 20M (if we even got that for Gayle and were willing to spend it).

It's certainly exciting this end of window thing, seeing players being sold with no chance of being replaced. Hope Jim White chokes on his fucking yellow tie so I have something remotely worth watching on Thursday.

Origi will be offed to Monaco, we won't get him

If a loan rather than a buy, then likelihood of starting is likely to be a factor. Would the shirt be his to lose there? Suspect it would be here.

No, I mean Origi is in the package offered by Liverpool for Lemar, 80M + 1 year loan

It's certainly exciting this end of window thing, seeing players being sold with no chance of being replaced. Hope Jim White chokes on his f***ing yellow tie so I have something remotely worth watching on Thursday.

There will always be Miss McQueen to ease the pain of feck all signings........