Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

That said, his missing in last two games did seems strange to me, together with the shocking performance vs Huddersfield.  Even if we didn't sell him, I honestly don't think he is a reliable option this season anymore.

No matter we bring in replacement or not, Joselu signing may proved to be the master piece.  Hats off to Rafa.

Gayle has been crocked since middle of last season. I don't think he's able to sustain a run of games without breaking down.

If we could afford to (which we can't) he could probably do a good job by playing every second game, unfortunately we need tougher players in our position.

If we got an offer, i'd sell.. reluctantly..

That said, his missing in last two games did seems strange to me, together with the shocking performance vs Huddersfield.  Even if we didn't sell him, I honestly don't think he is a reliable option this season anymore.

According to the club he'd been suffering a sickness bug when he played Huddersfield.

If we binned off players after a poor performance we wouldn't have anyone in the squad.

I'm more concerned about his mind problem of not 100% trusting his body has fully recovered from hamstrings problems when the medical says he has.

I'd sell him for £20m if we got a Premiership experienced striker who was a regular goal scorer in his place (either on loan or purchase). Will we though?

£20m and then get in Slimani if he's still available wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't know about his state of mind himself, but I've definitely become a bit disillusioned with him if these comments from Rafa are to be believed about him not trusting his body.

Guest hydeous

I'm quite surprised with the link, firstly, and with some being okay with it. He was one of our best players last season, our current number 9 and, in my opinion, deserves a crack at the premier league as our main striker when he's fit again.

I'd be sorry to see Gayle go, regardless of whether or not we used the money to get a bona fide upgrade. He did tremendous last season and seems like a good egg.

De Jong, Riviere and Murphy all had to go, and they have done. It's a bit disappointing if Joselu is the best we could do with the fees recouped (~£7m) and the wages saved (~£120k p/w) from those guys. We really shouldn't fucking need to sell our best striker as well just to stand a chance of strengthening the overall squad.

URGH this fucking transfer window.

I don't think we will let him go without any replacement,or we don't use the money for other positions.  That basically is to tell Rafa to f*** off now.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Ashley seems to be in the  remarkable position of repeating two of his worst ever decisions.

The forcing out of Keegan and the sale of Andy Carroll.

I wonder if he has learned anything.

Guest neesy111

Find a replacement in 3 days.  :lol: :lol:

It takes that long for charnley to get the phone out and start negotiations.