Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

It's not Rafa i worry about, it's Charnley and the rest of the morons working above him. If it was just about Rafa i'm sure we would have signed more players and at a lot faster rate.

Selling Gayle would give the board something to hang themselves with. They couldn't hide behind the fact they've no money for players any more to Rafa or the fans. They'd have to invest it or Rafa would definitely walk, and uprising starts.

Would reject it unless there's absolute nailed on certainty someone better is going to be signed before he leaves.

I've got confidence Rafa could get a few good players with the De Jong & Gayle money if we sold him, even this late in the window. That left-back, an adequate goalkeeper, Praet...

And a replacement striker

I reckon we could get a decent quality 2nd/3rd striker from an elite club on loan if need be.

Only reason I can think of him being disillusioned is if he thinks he's perfectly fine and disagrees with this thing about him not being confident in his hamstring etc.

Otherwise he's still our number 9 and until proven otherwise still our best striker. Can't see why he'd want to leave.

Wonder if the disillusion is anything to do with the players bonus' fiasco.

Probably that he thought when he signed and took the number 9 shirt he'd be the main striker this season as well. 3 games in and that's anything but certain or likely.

Eh. He's been main striker for two games and is supposedly Ill. We're 3 games in as keeps being mentioned.

Think Rafa may have lost patience with his lack of confidence in his own fitness. It's pretty ruthless, but if he can't be relied upon when he's physically fit, then I don't have an issue with him being replaced. Fuck knows with who though.

Only reason I can think of him being disillusioned is if he thinks he's perfectly fine and disagrees with this thing about him not being confident in his hamstring etc.

Otherwise he's still our number 9 and until proven otherwise still our best striker. Can't see why he'd want to leave.

We've signed Joselu and reports still say we want another striker. Doubt he'd be happy at that.

Could absolutely see us selling Gayle with a replacement allegedly lined up and then the deal mysteriously falling apart on deadline day.

If that happens Rafa walks and hell breaks loose. Win-win. We'd either spend it, or fans turn on Ashley again.

I'm not exactly sure that's a win-win if i'm honest, like every other time the fans turned on Ashley barely anything of note will actually happen.

Rafa will be gone and we'd be stuck with Ashley making awful decisions like bringing Pardew back :lol: Sounds like an awful scenario to me.

We've signed Joselu and reports still say we want another striker. Doubt he'd be happy at that.

Joselu cost half as much as Gayle did, when we were in the Championship! :lol: Even if we were planning to spend big on another striker now (:lol:), as if he'd be unhappy enough to want to leave before it's even happened. Howay man, this is ridiculous.

No club mentioned as wanting to pay £20m for him, no obvious reason for him to be "disillusioned" and no name as to who would replace him. I'm sure a lot of good players will be loaned out over the next week. Will we be able to get one more "guaranteed" to score goals in the premiership than Gayle?

Wonder if the disillusion is anything to do with the players bonus' fiasco.

Probably that he thought when he signed and took the number 9 shirt he'd be the main striker this season as well. 3 games in and that's anything but certain or likely.

Eh. He's been main striker for two games and is supposedly Ill. We're 3 games in as keeps being mentioned.

If he actually is disillusioned then the "ill" thing is clearly bullshit

He's an important tactical piece for us, like. Of our 3 strikers, he's the only one with mobility and the ability to stretch. Ayoze can perform that role to an extent but he's not athletic enough. If we've found an upgrade, fair enough, but if this is to fund other positions then it's not worth it. This year will only work with competition for places and tactical options for Benitez, unless our transfer strategy changes drastically for the last couple of days of the window.

Gayle's not had a chance to settle this season. He's absolutely worth a shot but shouldn't come into the XI for Swansea unless there's a big tactical reason for it.

Could absolutely see us selling Gayle with a replacement allegedly lined up and then the deal mysteriously falling apart on deadline day.

If that happens Rafa walks and hell breaks loose. Win-win. We'd either spend it, or fans turn on Ashley again.

Agree with Shak like, what he just said totally wouldn't surprise me with these knackers running our club. They've done shit like that before.

Aye but that was mainly with Pardew. Benitez isn't going to stand for that.

Yeah, of course he's not. He'd probably walk which I think Ashley would be delighted with. Benitez is Ashley's worst nightmare. A man who stands up to him, calls him out on his lies and also has the fans on his side too.

We're back in the premiership now which is all Ashley cares about. Rafa is too ambitious for Ashley so he'd be delighted if he walked. The more Ashley pisses Rafa off, the more chance there is he'll walk away.

Win 3-0,  the kneejerk pressure switches to de Boer, Bilic, and Wenger, and what do we get? This, more speculation and nonsense to think and worry about. It does your head in.

fwiw, to me, Gayle is worth 20M to a potential suitor like Leeds who just sold a lesser player for 15M. I think Gayle is a PL quality striker. Since we rushed him back last year, it might be premature to write him off as "injury prone". There would have been less pressure to get him back in had we bothered to sign more creativity (Townsend) for Murphy and Mitro.

Struggled as a lone front man in the Championship and was never going to lead the line in Rafa's system in the Prem. That said, I'd keep him. I think he will be a good player off the bench and chip in with a decent return, like he did at Palace. Where I believe he had a good goals per minutes played ratio.

I'm just not sure we'd actually replace him with an upgrade. In fact, I'm not sure we'd replace him at all.