Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Oooo our strikers aren't pretty enough :hom:

Cat, sorry Yedlin's purrfectly beautiful though  :naughty:

Cat is actually played by Rolando Aarons in that photo, you massive racist :)

Yedlin is clearly Cat, miscasting not my fault; nothing is in fact  :dontknow: just as I said to the Reichsführer.

I wonder if he might not have scored a few more in the premier if Pardew had actually started him in a few more games? He had some decent finishes in the games he did play. Could turn out to be the steal of the decade if he keeps the shirt next season.

Haven't really provided him with a decent midfielder to support him as both Diame and Perez have been sub standard, and still he is banging them in.

Imagine if he had some actual support or help up top. Fantastic so far this season, and always fit and ready to play. Great signing.

I know he's not in the same class, but it really does feel like he has been underrated like Defoe because he's a smaller striker. Someone like Pardew would have nightmares about starting a forward under 6ft. Allardyce dropped Defoe to begin with and was pretty critical until Defoe's goals rammed his bullshit opinions back down his throat.

I know he's not in the same class, but it really does feel like he has been underrated like Defoe because he's a smaller striker. Someone like Pardew would have nightmares about starting a forward under 6ft. Allardyce dropped Defoe to begin with and was pretty critical until Defoe's goals rammed his bullshit opinions back down his throat.

Yup. Think he is very comparable to Defoe. His lack of playing time in the prem was largely due to playing under Warnock, Pulis and Pardew, who all prefer a lump to aim for.

Obviously. He's much better than Connor Wickham, for example.

Conor Wickham wins in Pards eyes, because 6 ft 4. Even though his actual play as a target man is horrible, never mind not even scoring goals.

Guest neesy111

Think he's a long way from Defoe's level.

Not been given the chance IMO. Still a bairn too.

He's not.  He's 26 on Thursday. :lol:

Not been given the chance IMO. Still a bairn too.

He's not.  He's 26 on Thursday. :lol:

Thought he was 22 or something. Looks about 16.

I did say he's not in the same class, the comparison was more to do with how he was overlooked due to not being a six footer by long ball managers.

Just had a scary thought about what would happen if this lad gets injured. Do we have anyone who can remotely score goals out of nothing like him? I don't know if Mitro, Perez or the other guy we've signed (lol) will step up.