Dwight Gayle (now playing for Hibernian)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

This poll is closed to new votes

Lets just play Mitro for the rest of the season and work on getting Gayle fit and in tip top shape for next seasons promotion push.

I'd rather play two up from now on must go into every game to win from the off

Without knowing the exact figures we've picked up noticeably fewer points since his injury in January.

We've drawn 6 games this season, 5 of which happened after his injury which imo pinpoints where his contribution is felt most: grabbing goals against the run of play in tight games.

I'd rather we played Shelvey up front than Mitro. Keep him on the bench and let Murphy cover for Gayle.

Thought Mitro was noticeably more effective in his short cameo than Murphy was last time out to be fair. Both aren't exactly ideal options though.

Without knowing the exact figures we've picked up noticeably fewer points since his injury in January.

We've drawn 6 games this season, 5 of which happened after his injury which imo pinpoints where his contribution is felt most: grabbing goals against the run of play in tight games.

He was a huge part of what we did so well early season. We've not been anywhere near as good since he first got injured. This hamstring injury has really effected him, could easily have topped 30 goals had he been able to stay fit.

Not sure how his injury record was at other clubs, but next season we need the number 1 striker to perform at more consistent level for the full course of the season or at least have a back up that is more similar and reliable than Mitro has been.

In the past 8 weeks alone he's had more comebacks than Audley Harrison. He's our best player but we shouldn't use him unless he's 100% confident in his hamstrings.

It's a pisstake because had he not sustained that injury at Brentford we'd be promoted and on the verge of securing the title by now.

In the past 8 weeks alone he's had more comebacks than Audley Harrison. He's our best player but we shouldn't use him unless he's 100% confident in his hamstrings.

It's a pisstake because had he not sustained that injury at Brentford we'd be promoted and on the verge of securing the title by now.

100% truth

How many games has Gayle missed this season, and whats our record in them?

They put up an interesting stat prior to the Leeds game, we hadn't lost a game when Gayle hadn't started. Obviously the Ipswich disaster changed that stat, but it was a little shocking.

Guest neesy111

Tbf, our form initially after his first injury was fine but our goals scored suffered when Mitro started his run of games in February.

I'm not entirely putting our bad 2nd half season on his injury, something doesn't feel right for me with how we are playing.

Players that are that explosive generally have tighter hamstrings, it's part of the reason they're so quick. Ergo they suffer a lot more injuries. If he learnt to be play within himself a bit, he'd be injured less. He's got enough awareness around him to still be effective without a yard of pace or so.

Would rather have him at 90% for 38/46 games than 100% for 20-25.

We lost to Blackburn and he didn't start

If I'm reading that stat right

Gayle started in the away game:

http://www.nufc.com/2016-17html/2017-01-02blackburn-rovers-a.html

You were right he didn't start the home game, maybe I miss read that stat they may had said games in which he played because he came on in the home game:

http://www.nufc.com/2016-17html/2016-11-26blackburn-rovers-h.html