Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brighton are shit hot at the moment, think we played them at a good time. To have 34 from 16 games would probably put you on top of the table in most years, this year barring a big swing in GD we will still be ahead of them even if they win next time out and we lose.

Hughton is doing a fine job down there, bet Norwich are wishing they had stuck with him right about now.

Hughton would have been my first choice had Rafa decided to leave although fortunately it never had to come to that.

Would have been a terrible choice here. We needed a manager who was in charge, who demanded things were done his way and that Ashley got out of his way. Hughton was not and is not that kind of manager. He's in a great situation where he is, smallish club with a good playing staff and sound infrastructure that have high but realistic aims, he probably would have left if we came knocking but it would have been a mistake for both parties. If Rafa had of said no, I've no doubt the current incumbent down the road would be wearing a black and white tie now, that could have been a close shave.

Hughton would have been my first choice had Rafa decided to leave although fortunately it never had to come to that.

Would have been a terrible choice here. We needed a manager who was in charge, who demanded things were done his way and that Ashley got out of his way. Hughton was not and is not that kind of manager. He's in a great situation where he is, smallish club with a good playing staff and sound infrastructure that have high but realistic aims, he probably would have left if we came knocking but it would have been a mistake for both parties. If Rafa had of said no, I've no doubt the current incumbent down the road would be wearing a black and white tie now, that could have been a close shave.

:thup:  Rafa was probably the only man who would come here with the stature to be able to demand what needed to be done.  As much as I love Hughton he would have been hamstrung with the restrictions from above.

:thup:

In many ways Llambiarse did Hughton a good turn. Now we'll always remember him as a gent who repaired our club and gave it back some respect. When he was here it was the first time I felt good about our club for a long time. 5-1. Fucking magic.

• 2 weeks later...