Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're relentless right now, I'm at 9.9.

Ignoring the 'threats' of Reading, Huddersfield and Birmingham, we're essentially 14pts ahead of Norwich - unthinkable going into the 4-3. We may not win the league because Brighton look superb too, but just going up is what matters.

We're relentless right now, I'm at 9.9.

Ignoring the 'threats' of Reading, Huddersfield and Birmingham, we're essentially 14pts ahead of Norwich - unthinkable going into the 4-3. We may not win the league because Brighton look superb too, but just going up is what matters.

Seen Brighton twice this season and haven't been impressed either time. Thought they were very poor up here when we beat them 2-0 and watched them against Aston Villa on Friday night and they were lucky to get a point.

If they're our nearest challengers I'm not concerned at all.

If we didn't win another point this season we would match 22nd place Charlton from last season.Only need another 10 points to beat Rotherham's total of 49 in 21st spot. So almost guaranteed we won't get relegated again this year :)

Still on an 8 for me - the Shelvey case still has to be resolved and it is more likely than not that he will be suspended..probably for 5 matches ; this will cause us a problem because we do not have another recognized playmaker who would be so dominant.

This thread needs to be revisited again in January when we will have a better idea of where we are likely to finish.

If we didn't win another point this season we would match 22nd place Charlton from last season.Only need another 10 points to beat Rotherham's total of 49 in 21st spot. So almost guaranteed we won't get relegated again this year :)

Didn't Peterborough go down with 53 points one season.

So it's still possible  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

;D ;D ;D

Edit: Quick google shows it was 54  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

So we need about 50 point from 87 remaining to go up? That's probably as Champions too so less maybe for the top 2? Piece of piss. :lol:

we could just about scrape auto if we lost half of our remaining games.

Say that we do go straight back up which looks very likely atm, how much money have we lost out on because of this? I have no Idea how this parachute payment stuff works. Is it only paid if you don't go back up first time asking?

Say that we do go straight back up which looks very likely atm, how much money have we lost out on because of this? I have no Idea how this parachute payment stuff works. Is it only paid if you don't go back up first time asking?

You get half of the payment in your first season, then the other half is spread across the next 4 seasons. If you come back up within the 5 years of payments then whatever is remaining is spread out across the other clubs. So assuming we go straight back up then the other teams will have £50m between them. So we have lost £50m from being relegated if we go straight back up.

Obviously that's just the TV money, corporate, sponsorship etc will have been effected too. Having said that we will have saved a lot of money too, on salary of the dead wood we were able to purge plus of course some nice transfer fees. At the end of the day, I'm sure Ashley isn't going to go bust because of our relegation but surely this time he understands it does have a negative impact and only by employing a manager of Rafa's ability will allow us never again to be in this situation.

As a general measurement, if our points total is twice the number of games we'll go up (eg/ 92pts from 46).

40pts from 17 games :thup:

Yes that's how you usually gauge it you need 2 points per game for promotion. We are currently 6 points ahead of the target. At the rate we are going I can see us breaking Readings record

Not counting any chickens, even with Rafa it's still Newcastle.

I understand your refusal to be optimistic given how things have gone in the past but it would take a monumental f*** up from here. Even if we only win 14 games for the rest of the season it will still leave us with over 80 points which most likely be good enough for promotion when you consider we'd at least get a few draws with that and the average points total to secure 2nd is around 85 points.

I will never vote 10 as nothing is guarenteed in football it is the most unpredictable sport in the world. But I would vote 9 as we are extremely likely to go up now, it's hard to be pessimistic about our chances now.

Norwich could very well be 16!! points behind us after saturdays games  :iamatwat: Not that i see them as a big threat or anything, but still :lol:

We actually broke them.

most teams we've played appear to have lost the will to live afterwards. :lol: