Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Officially don't even care about Brighton any more at this point. Almost think them doing so well has been good for us to keep us on our toes a bit. Just want promotion to be mathematically guaranteed as soon as possible.

Games remaining Top 3

Newcastle                        Brighton                Huddersfield

Sheffield wed (A)              Qpr (A)                  Nott'm Forest (A)

Leeds (H)                        Wolves (A)            Preston (H)

Ipswich (A)                      Wigan (H)              Derby (A)

Preston (H)                      Norwich (A)            Fulham (H)

Wolves (A)

Cardiff (A)                        Bristol City (H)        Birmingham (A)

Barnsley (H)                    Aston Villa (A)        Cardiff (H)

Looking at those I think we have three potential banana skins in Leeds, Sheff Wed and Cardiff. If we win the other 3 though we'll still be promoted surely.

Brighton really only have one tricky looking fixture in Villa away. Huddersfield could find Derby and Fulham tough, the extra game also making it more tough for them.

I think we'll win 3 draw 1 and lose 2 of our remaining. Can see Brighton winning 4 draw 1 and lose 1, Huddersfield my prediction would be that they win 4 draw 2 and lose 1. If that all transpires, Brighton are champs and we are promoted. It would be disappointing not to win the title having been the club at the top for most of the season, but having said that I may be overestimating Brighton's away form and they have 4 games away and only 2 at home left.

Games remaining Top 3

Newcastle                        Brighton                Huddersfield

Sheffield wed (A)              Qpr (A)                  Nott'm Forest (A)

Leeds (H)                        Wolves (A)            Preston (H)

Ipswich (A)                      Wigan (H)              Derby (A)

Preston (H)                      Norwich (A)            Fulham (H)

Wolves (A)

Cardiff (A)                        Bristol City (H)        Birmingham (A)

Barnsley (H)                    Aston Villa (A)        Cardiff (H)

Looking at those I think we have three potential banana skins in Leeds, Sheff Wed and Cardiff. If we win the other 3 though we'll still be promoted surely.

Brighton really only have one tricky looking fixture in Villa away. Huddersfield could find Derby and Fulham tough, the extra game also making it more tough for them.

I think we'll win 3 draw 1 and lose 2 of our remaining. Can see Brighton winning 4 draw 1 and lose 1, Huddersfield my prediction would be that they win 4 draw 2 and lose 1. If that all transpires, Brighton are champs and we are promoted. It would be disappointing not to win the title having been the club at the top for most of the season, but having said that I may be overestimating Brighton's away form and they have 4 games away and only 2 at home left.

Nah Wolves won't be easy and playing Norwich when they do could be tricky if they can still get into the top 6

4 points out of the next 2 and I think it'll be done.

Could very well be, can see Huddersfield taking around 14 to 15 points out of the remaining 21, since we are 10 ahead with a huge GD advantage then 4 points may be all we need. One thing I am certain of though is Rafa won't be just content with securing promotion, he wants the title too, Brighton may have a slightly different mindset, especially after the heartache last year.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can just as easily see us go the rest of the season unbeaten or lose our remaining home games. Win the home games and we are up! I'm at a 9.

I can just as easily see us go the rest of the season unbeaten or lose our remaining home games. Win the home games and we are up! I'm at a 9.

9 to go up?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Howaythetoon

Paully I saw you a few weeks back away to Birmingham not far from a scran van after the match, you were chatting with some lasses I think. I turned to my lot and said that's the famous Paully. They didn't have a clue. Not from N.O you see!

Huddersfield and Brighton both have some hard games. We're up.

The remaining fixtures for all three teams look pretty similar to me. A few tricky fixtures, a few easy ones. Huddersfield are fucked as they have to make 8 points up even assuming they win their game in hand.

Paully I saw you a few weeks back away to Birmingham not far from a scran van after the match, you were chatting with some lasses I think. I turned to my lot and said that's the famous Paully. They didn't have a clue. Not from N.O you see!

Ha ha ha infamous more like mate :-)

We're up bud so get your cigar out!

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't want to count my chickens where NUFC is concerned. Its looking very very likely though. Will all be in vain, however, if Rafa goes or we don't kick on next season.

Brighton have the best run in. Two of the easiest home games you could wish for and then away against teams with nothing to play for.

I have said for a while that I think they will win the league.

Not arsed one bit as long as we go up.

Brighton have the best run in. Two of the easiest home games you could wish for and then away against teams with nothing to play for.

I have said for a while that I think they will win the league.

Not arsed one bit as long as we go up.

Villa away could be a big problem for them on the last day of the season, if things are tight at the end.

If/when this happen it will be the 4th promotion I have witnessed. 83/84 was a celebration and the end of the fairytale KK story, it was expected but the previous year's failing, although we had been a pretty run of the mill 2nd div club when we sign the England Captain I think a lot thought it was a certainty we would go up in the first season. There was more expectation on the 2nd season once we added to that team with the likes of the returning Terry Mc, brought in Beardsley and brought through Waddle, finishing 3rd in the final table which was enough for promotion back then was the minimum most expected.

In 92/93, the turnaround from the previous year's calamitous season was simply amazing, practically every one of KK's signings was a huge success. I remember the night at Grimsby when promotion was confirmed, the celebrations were amazing.

In 09/10 I can't really remember when promotion was secured, I remember the Plymouth away game where we secured the title but it was more of a relief that we were out of that division rather than a celebration that  we won promotion like it 92/93.

This year if/when it happens it'll be more a feeling of 09/10 than 92/93, we need to get out of this division, we should celebrate that success but no open top buses or civic receptions , like we had in 92/93.   

Guest Howaythetoon

I want us to win the league, its always good to be the best, to win something tangible and to go up as champions. I think it will also look quite good on Rafa's CV as many questioned his ability to take us up, indeed many questioned why he would want to be here in this league with Newcastle. It also vindicates his role at the club. Not to be messed with or challenged. He's the man, let him run things how he sees fit etc.

If/when this happen it will be the 4th promotion I have witnessed. 83/84 was a celebration and the end of the fairytale KK story, it was expected but the previous year's failing, although we had been a pretty run of the mill 2nd div club when we sign the England Captain I think a lot thought it was a certainty we would go up in the first season. There was more expectation on the 2nd season once we added to that team with the likes of the returning Terry Mc, brought in Beardsley and brought through Waddle, finishing 3rd in the final table which was enough for promotion back then was the minimum most expected.

In 92/93, the turnaround from the previous year's calamitous season was simply amazing, practically every one of KK's signings was a huge success. I remember the night at Grimsby when promotion was confirmed, the celebrations were amazing.

In 09/10 I can't really remember when promotion was secured, I remember the Plymouth away game where we secured the title but it was more of a relief that we were out of that division rather than a celebration that  we won promotion like it 92/93.

This year if/when it happens it'll be more a feeling of 09/10 than 92/93, we need to get out of this division, we should celebrate that success but no open top buses or civic receptions , like we had in 92/93.   

It was before the Sheff Utd home game when Forest failed to win their game which kicked off earlier. It was surreal walking to the ground, felt great knowing that the pressure was off.

When I say I'm not too bothered about winning the league, I just mean that I want promotion confirmed as that is the priority and then we will see what happens. Totally agree with regards to it looking better re: Rafa.

I want us to win the league, its always good to be the best, to win something tangible and to go up as champions. I think it will also look quite good on Rafa's CV as many questioned his ability to take us up, indeed many questioned why he would want to be here in this league with Newcastle. It also vindicates his role at the club. Not to be messed with or challenged. He's the man, let him run things how he sees fit etc.

Rafa loves trophies. He'll secretly be desperate for the title once promotion is confirmed IMO.