Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

He was sacked because he tried and failed to convince the players to sign the bonus sheet in 10-11.

Much more to it than that. Had DL not been mates with a certain Pardew Hughton would have lasted the season at least.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chris Hughton far more of an NUFC legend than Beardsley, man. As if I'm even indulging this nonsense. :lol:

Beardsley won what? Fucked off as soon as he could. Licks Ashley's hoop and says bad shit about past legends!

We are on the verge of promotion and you guys are arguing over Hughton over Rafa, why Hughton was sacked, and if he was better than Beardsley.

Hughton manager is at a time when the league was different, he did an amazing job but Rafa's job is different and Rafa is doing an amazing job. Why can't you all just accept that and enjoy the fact that we are about to go up, instead of acting like a bunch of emo kids?

Not that I want to argue with anyone, we all have our own opinions, but I think the league that season Hughton brought us up was far easier. Two of the relegated teams came back up, this year two of them are mid table for example even after one outspend everyone. There's no doubt we should all be greatful for Chris for picking the club up when it was on its knees at the time, but in my opinion there's no doubting Rafa is a much better manager.

Not that I want to argue with anyone, we all have our own opinions, but I think the league that season Hughton brought us up was far easier. Two of the relegated teams came back up, this year two of them are mid table for example even after one outspend everyone.

Yeah and I think Boro (who came down with us and WBA) were around 3rd in the league and looked like they might challenge us that season (albeit early in the season) until they sacked Southgate and went tumbling under Strachan.

Another reason I hope our promotion is confirmed as soon as possible is that the playoff positions are really quite interesting this season. Wouldn't like to call who goes up from Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading and Fulham (as looks likely to be the teams in it), all are pretty good teams.

Another reason I hope our promotion is confirmed as soon as possible is that the playoff positions are really quite interesting this season. Wouldn't like to call who goes up from Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading and Fulham (as looks likely to be the teams in it), all are pretty good teams.

True. It's tough to call like.

True. It's tough to call like.

Its a great mix of decently strong teams. Means those who go down (sunderland cough cough) will find those automatic places coming back up really fucking tough to pin down.

If we don't win another point this season Huddersfield can afford to lose 4 out of their last 8 to overhaul us, Reading can only lose 3 and Leeds 2 out of 7. Win in midweek and it 3,2 and 1 respectively at least. Even if we just drew all our remaining games, Huddersfield would have t go on an amazing run to overtake us.

We could seal promotion at home to Leeds on Good Friday. It's unlikely, but it's the earliest we could do it.

If we win our next three (Burton (h), Sheff Wed (a), Leeds (h)) and Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds are not on at least 75 points - we'll be up.

If we win those three games, we'll be promoted unless:

Leeds win both of their next two Brentford (a), Preston (h).

Huddersfield would need at least 4 points from Norwich (h), Forest (a), Preston (h).

Reading would need at least 5 points from Blackburn (h), Norwich (a), Villa (a).

Fulham would need to win all three of their next games Derby (a), Ipswich (h), Norwich (a).

We'd technically be promoted on the Saturday though, because Reading don't play Villa until then. But if they lose both of their next two, then we'd be up after the Leeds game.

Sunday boredom led to this.

We could seal promotion at home to Leeds on Good Friday. It's unlikely, but it's the earliest we could do it.

If we win our next three (Burton (h), Sheff Wed (a), Leeds (h)) and Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds are not on at least 75 points - we'll be up.

If we win those three games, we'll be promoted unless:

Leeds win both of their next two Brentford (a), Preston (h).

Huddersfield would need at least 4 points from Norwich (h), Forest (a), Preston (h).

Reading would need at least 5 points from Blackburn (h), Norwich (a), Villa (a).

Fulham would need to win all three of their next games Derby (a), Ipswich (h), Norwich (a).

We'd technically be promoted on the Saturday though, because Reading don't play Villa until then. But if they lose both of their next two, then we'd be up after the Leeds game.

Sunday boredom led to this.

Sunday boredom, yeah :lol: :thup:

Not that I want to argue with anyone, we all have our own opinions, but I think the league that season Hughton brought us up was far easier. Two of the relegated teams came back up, this year two of them are mid table for example even after one outspend everyone. There's no doubt we should all be greatful for Chris for picking the club up when it was on its knees at the time, but in my opinion there's no doubting Rafa is a much better manager.

I thought it was evident after a couple of games this season that the standard of the league is higher than last time.

It's probably the way the game has evolved with the PL being the magnet for world stars and the fall out of that will be better players playing one league down. Also coaching methods have progressed even in that short time - small nations seldom get trounced anymore because they have devised set ups to stifle superior opposition and this is something we've encountered in the league this time.

Last time some teams were beaten before kick off as they looked around SJP in awe during their pre-match routines. It hasn't happened this time - they're just a lot more professional.

Not taking anything away from Chris Hughton he did an amazing job with great dignity but the job Rafa has done this time with a squad which lost so many senior players at one time probably shades it.