Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do Championship runners up get a trophy? :lol:

Yeah. Load of shite iyam

Ah, wasnt sure if it was still happening, after seeing this link from Norwich getting a "runners up trophy" back in 2011 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9479571.stm

Probably be a weird atmosphere if we get one at home on the final day(?). Muted cheers. Especially if there's a whole presentation with it

Desperately don't want that trophy. :lol:

Same. Can we just not get a trophy at all for finishing second please. If we're ganna finish 2nd can we not just quietly celebrate and then look forward to next season without having to collect the 2nd place w*****s trophy!!!

Maybe NUFC have just beaten all hope and optimism out of me over the last 38 years but I can't shake this horrible feeling we're going to mess it up.  Logically and objectively I know we're likely to make it but this club has a habit of breaking your heart in new and unexpected ways.

This..    :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Fuck that shit like. I'll celebrate our promotion but a tinpot first-losers-looking cup. Embarrassing.

It would make no difference if it was a fantastic trophy, finishing runners up will be a welcome relief, not a celebration. It will have a good side though, finishing second to Brighton puts into perspective how much rebuilding work is required for the Premier.

Brighton are on course for 100 points and we've taken 6 of their points off them. They've been unbelievably consistent and they're about to achieve something very few teams have done. I wouldn't particularly see that as a sign of the rebuilding job. We'd have that even if we'd p*ssed it with 105 points.

It would make no difference if it was a fantastic trophy, finishing runners up will be a welcome relief, not a celebration. It will have a good side though, finishing second to Brighton puts into perspective how much rebuilding work is required for the Premier.

We should celebrate finishing runners up and we have done in the past with a much better team than we currently have, we should celebrate it but we shouldn't be given a trophy.

Brighton are on course for 100 points and we've taken 6 of their points off them. They've been unbelievably consistent and they're about to achieve something very few teams have done. I wouldn't particularly see that as a sign of the rebuilding job. We'd have that even if we'd p*ssed it with 105 points.

I know that, but does Ashley? Finishing second might give him something to ponder.

Guest chopey

Rafa knew we would struggle once February hit and that's why he wanted reinforcements, I'm not sure what happened with Townsend but he has looked class for Palace and I would lay any blame for not going up as champions firmly at Ashly's door

I know that, but does Ashley? Finishing second might give him something to ponder.

second in the championship after a relegation every 6/7 years, and finishing 17th the rest of the time, would be Ashleys dream scenario.

I dont think he gives a flying fuck.  As long as the club is in the prem ,  then why would he care.  Just look at the people appointed in tye past.

Optimistic seagull, rather than nut, if you think they will win their last four: making eight wins in a row? Of course it s possible, but don't see it. Without any of their big guns missing (from memory) they lost three of their previous five games, prior to their four game winning streak.

We should celebrate finishing runners up and we have done in the past with a much better team than we currently have, we should celebrate it but we shouldn't be given a trophy.

When do you mean Mick? I can't recall a 2nd place finish. (Unless you mean in the Prem?).

When do you mean Mick? I can't recall a 2nd place finish. (Unless you mean in the Prem?).

We went up in third place when Keegan finished his playing career with us.

O0 ok, remember that one. Recall who we played last home game?? Brighton! (Keegan, Beardsley and Waddle the scorers in a 3-1 win)

We went up in third place when Keegan finished his playing career with us.

1992 er :p