Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe NUFC have just beaten all hope and optimism out of me over the last 38 years but I can't shake this horrible feeling we're going to mess it up.  Logically and objectively I know we're likely to make it but this club has a habit of breaking your heart in new and unexpected ways.

exactly how I feel. Just been made naturally pessimistic over the years.

Boro had been down for about seven years, it made sense for them to celebrate promotion with such vigour (though a trophy for 2nd is still bullshit).

Totally different situation for us.

Guest neesy111

Boro had been down for about seven years, it made sense for them to celebrate promotion with such vigour (though a trophy for 2nd is still bullshit).

Totally different situation for us.

Agree with this, it's the trophy that really irks me.  You'd be slightly embarrassed putting that into your trophy cabinet.

Guest neesy111

11 years on from our Intertoto success. What a day that was man.

What a trophy:

http://i.imgur.com/cUZkW.jpg

Guest neesy111

http://www.robertwilson.talktalk.net/ScottishMags/LatestNewsPics/2010/20100803-DeportivoTrophyPresentation.jpg

http://www.nufc.com/images/2010-11images/2010-08-03trophy.jpg

I saw that trophy in the flesh the other week, really impressive.  The Spanish to their credit put some work into their trophies.

newcastle-intertoto_0.jpg?itok=zhkJmzcz&c=b5573862cced0966947d6647769b4219

Hope we've left for some space for it to go along side that.

You'd like to think that is currently burred under a pile of old Loaded magazines in the janitors office.

Guest neesy111

he I hope thought of a 2nd place trophy presentation spurs the players on to win the last 4 games to give us a chance of avoiding it.

Good point.

he I hope thought of a 2nd place trophy presentation spurs the players on to win the last 4 games to give us a chance of avoiding it.

Hope we don't avoid it the other possible way...

It won't be so bad if it's just a case of giving us the trophy, as long as there isn't confetti and fireworks etc. :lol:

Hope we don't avoid it the other possible way...

It won't be so bad if it's just a case of giving us the trophy, as long as there isn't confetti and fireworks etc. :lol:

:lol:

That'll not happen.

It'll be the most muted celebration of a trophy ever, like. :lol:

I would like to stay behind after the last game, if we're 2nd and getting a trophy I'll be away on the final whistle.