Newcastle United vs Reading - 17/08/16 @ 7.45pm - No TV

tgarve

Players that aren't pulling their weight are dropped, including the captain if needed. Not the best lineup ever and we'll have to see if it works out, but generally this is what we've wanted for years.

Players that aren't pulling their weight are dropped, including the captain if needed. Not the best lineup ever and we'll have to see if it works out, but generally this is what we've wanted for years.

On the flip side, he doesn't know his strongest XI and is not giving any combinations a chance to gel.

Correct :thup:

Everyone aside from Ritchie has been pure shit and even he has missed a couple sitters. The chopping and changing may get us kicked started but considering nobody has played well I'd wager the poor start being down to nerves/expectations. Whatever it is it's definitely a mentality issue. Just click tonight, please.

Interesting selection. Not much attacking threat from the back, like five forwards (Shelvey in with t'other four) and five defenders (+1 being Hayden). Expect us to be tighter/more robust at the back--not least since Vurn Kardashian isn't going to walkabout  like Janmaat.

On the flip side, he doesn't know his strongest XI and is not giving any combinations a chance to gel.

Early days, feeling our way into the league (ie seemingly finding out which of our dickheads are going to take it seriously) and apparently haven't finished in the transfer market anyway. Not all that surprising that we haven't got anything like a settled XI yet.

The manager is clearly very pissed off by the first two performances IMO.

Guest chopey

In the stadium now everybody is shocked at the team, I'm not to confident tonight, if we lose it will be Rafa's fault and his honeymoon period will be over

Everyone aside from Ritchie has been pure shit and even he has missed a couple sitters. The chopping and changing may get us kicked started but considering nobody has played well I'd wager the poor start being down to nerves/expectations. Whatever it is it's mental issues. Just click tonight, please.

I think this is right but people who've played all their lives and get paid thousands a week should be able to settle down when the game starts.

(Not the same thing but I played pool in a team that was pushing for the league title and I was always nervous before a match started, once I was playing that wnet out the door).

Absolutely this. :thup:

Everyone aside from Ritchie has been pure shit and even he has missed a couple sitters. The chopping and changing may get us kicked started but considering nobody has played well I'd wager the poor start being down to nerves/expectations. Whatever it is it's mental issues. Just click tonight, please.

I think this is right but people who've played all their lives and get paid thousands a week should be able to settle down when the game starts.

(Not the same thing but I played pool in a team that was pushing for the league title and I was always nervous before a match started, once I was playing that wnet out the door).

If only it was that simple.