Newcastle United vs Reading - 17/08/16 @ 7.45pm - No TV

tgarve

'Truth' that's proven to be wrong is more commonly known as false/horse s*** btw. Calling your daft opinion the truth doesn't make it so, nor does adding 'end of' at the end, just to save me posting that later on.

You think Rafa got us relegated, I'm sure you can understand why everyone thinks you're risible.

For me he had a "chance " of saving us, as no doubt did you,;we in truth thought he would.

I admit the mind set of the club seems to have changed with his introduction but ultimately results will like every manager around these days decide if he is successful.

Rafa seems to be beyond any dissent..why?

Because it's taken us years to finally sign a proper manager so we don't want rid of him after two games into the season. It's not fucking rocket science.

And the results he presided last season we indicative of consistent form - McClarens results did us not him

How much are tickets? Nufc website is awful.

Think they're a couple of quid cheaper than they were for Huddersfield so £23 for adults in the Leazes and Gallowgate obviously cheaper for concessions.

Easiest way to find out is go on nufc.com and click on the online box office link on the right hand side of the page then on event details for Reading and you'll get a full price list.

Going for a scrappy 1-0 and, I hope, the turning point being reached.

Agree. Get some points on the board. Ritchie to score.

:thup:.

Forum bet on Ritchie 1-0................Awaits 0-4 and a Big Jaap stam knee slide.

We need an early goal to take the pressure off and that will mean that Reading have to come out which should mean more gaps. I've got a feeling it will be a scrappy win in the end though, but that would be a start.

I think we'll win this and we'll see an improved performance.  I'll go for an optimistic 3-1.                     

Sels

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Gamez

Hayden Shelvey

Ritchie    Diame    Ayoze

Gayle

'Truth' that's proven to be wrong is more commonly known as false/horse s*** btw. Calling your daft opinion the truth doesn't make it so, nor does adding 'end of' at the end, just to save me posting that later on.

You think Rafa got us relegated, I'm sure you can understand why everyone thinks you're risible.

For me he had a "chance " of saving us, as no doubt did you,;we in truth thought he would.

I admit the mind set of the club seems to have changed with his introduction but ultimately results will like every manager around these days decide if he is successful.

Rafa seems to be beyond any dissent..why?

Just out of curiosity, where were you when pardew was driving the club into the ground with his woeful brand of football and horrendous results? Did you turn on him 12 games in?

We are 2 games into the season and whilst they haven't gone well it is far to early to get your boxers in a bundle.

I'm the eternal pessimist and even I am not too worried.  We need more leaders and time to bed in but I am confident we can get it right. 

The no. 10 is not working, so if we dont go 442 (which i would prefer), then id like to see this:

Sels

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Gamez

Hayden/Tiote

Ritchie    Shelvey  Diame    Ayoze

Gayle

We seem to lack movement in the midfield.

None of the players make those deep runs into the box, and it leaves Gayle isolated up front.

We need to get a CM who will make those runs, and both wingers need to hug the line and bomb the fullbacks so we get some more space.

At the moment we are just standing still ,passing the ball around and it looks like we have no space at all when we get the ball over the half way line. 

Ritchie is the only one who really attaches the space, hope Diame gets going.

Its the one thing i miss about Sissoko, he will make those runs.

I think I'd give Aarons a bit more time.

He's a young lad and needs a proper run in the team. He's showed flashes of brilliance on occasions but mainly through injury hasn't had a chance to get a proper run in the team.

Perennial failures like Colback and Anita have had plenty of opportunities in the past, only fair Aarons gets a fair crack of the whip as well.

I think I'd give Aarons a bit more time.

He's a young lad and needs a proper run in the team. He's showed flashes of brilliance on occasions but mainly through injury hasn't had a chance to get a proper run in the team.

Perennial failures like Colback and Anita have had plenty of opportunities in the past, only fair Aarons gets a fair crack of the whip as well.

He looks scared of getting hurt imo and lacking in a bit of strength.

Was very easily dispossessed and brushed aside on Saturday.

Sels

Janmaat  Mbemba Lascelles Gamez

Anita    Diame

Ritchie          Perez          Aarons

Gayle

Not sure why Jesus hasn't been playing. He was a real coup when we managed to sign him yet he's been sat on the bench watching Paul Dummett.

Ritchie & Aarons haven't had the chance to play opposite each other yet. I think everyone would agree they're our best two wingers currently.

We need craft & guile in behind the striker. Diame is not that man. Although he's been poor so far Ayoze had a really good preseason and needs to be given time to prove he is one of the best players in the division.

All of Anita's best games for us have been when he's allowed to do what we signed him to do. Sit in front of the back 4, high work-rate & energy. Move the ball on quickly. He only struggles in there when he's played alongside someone similar and feels the need to become more adventurous which is simply not his game. We all said the same about Tiote. 3/4 years ago when he was a beast, he played so incredibly simple but it was really effective.

Like others have said, an early goal would be a god send. Confidence will flow and should Reading need to come out at us, we should be seen at our best going forward.

Guest reefatoon

Are you serious regarding Anita?  Only looked decent at right back. Been fucking hideous in central midfield, and hope we never have to see him in there ever again.